[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If God created you, and God exists in your mind. You both created
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Yin_yang.svg.png (10 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
Yin_yang.svg.png
10 KB, 260x260
If God created you, and God exists in your mind. You both created each other or you are God?
>>
>>1241707
God doesn't exist you fag. Neither does your "mind."
>>
>>1241710
So how do I think?
Or am just a robot that has been programmed since the beginning to always carry out these actions?
How do I know that free will is not an illusion?
Such as if God has a plan for me, but if I have free will then how could I make a decision??\
>>
>>1241721
Free will is an unfalsifiable concept in the exact same way god is. I does not exist either.
>>
File: Plotinus-262.jpg (28 KB, 320x490) Image search: [Google]
Plotinus-262.jpg
28 KB, 320x490
>You both created each other or you are God?
The One is simple while I am complex, neither of those two statements can be true.

I am the product of the emanations of the One, the universe can exist without me, but not without the One.

>God exists in your mind
My mind is a product of the One's emanations too. I can TRY to reach the One by means of contemplation. While the One is simple, I am not, therefore getting there is not.
>>
>>1241874
The universe wouldn't continue to exist without you. You are necessary. Without you how there would be nothing to experience the universe.

But how how could you say the one is simple and you are complex when you just said neither of those two statements can be true?
If you are thinking about God then he is the product of your mind as much as you are the product of his mind.
>>
>>1241707
Everything is god. We are collectively god viewing itself subjectively. Neither the manifest nor the consciousness that observes can exist on its own. As an individual, god is you, but you are only a part of god.
>>
File: 1631.jpg (18 KB, 450x329) Image search: [Google]
1631.jpg
18 KB, 450x329
>>1243321
>You are necessary.
The One is self-caused while I am not. I exist as a consequence of the One's overabundance of power.

>Without you how there would be nothing to experience the universe.
Intellect comes from the One too. My ability to think depends on that, not the other way around.

>But how how could you say the one is simple and you are complex when you just said neither of those two statements can be true?
The One is simple, I am complex, I can't be the creator of the One, I can't be the One.

>If you are thinking about God then he is the product of your mind as much as you are the product of his mind.
To think of the One is the attempt, admittedly frequently unsuccessful, to trace things, such as oneself, back to their source.

You can't really grasp the internal activity of the One, all you have is a series of somewhat more comprehensible hypostases and emanations leading the way.

Even then, in my insignificance and imperfection, I can't possibly hope to contain within me the entirety of Intellect, let alone the One.

It's like trying to ask a red laser pointer to produce a light of the color white, which is the entirety of the visible colors.

>>1243371
This.
>>
>>1243412
thank you based neoplatonist god plotinus
>>
>>1243412

We both agreed with >>1243371

Is there anything such as time or is that an illusion of the now.
If ever moment is the now, there is no way to trace anything back to anything because it is the cause and the effect at the same time.

Your heart does not beat, you beat your heart.
God did not create you, you created God
>>
>>1244877
>Is there anything such as time
We experience time because of cyclical events, but the One is atemporal.

>cause and the effect at the same time
>you created God
The uncaused is the One, not me.

There can be no confusion here.

The One is no creation, it is THE cause, it is causation itself, the power to do anything and beyond, which I clearly cannot contain.
>>
>>1244877
The One isn't "God" in the traditional monotheistic sense. The One is the essence, the very fact of existence. It is that which divides "something" from "nothing". We did not create the One, we are conscious emanations from it as it is the creative force which causes the state of existence. The One is not conscious, it is not intelligent, it is far beyond the simple notion of "being". Yet, as emanations, we are an aspect of the One, conscious within the parameters of the existence brought about by the One.
>>
>>1243412
Someone has read plotinus Wikipedia page
>>
>>1245014
So why do you believe all the thing that plotinus has to say about human life.
Im not arguing that you are wrong about any of it, I am just curious why did you choose to live life with that as the final answer
>>
>>1245070
Maybe it pleases his ego so?
>>
>>1245070
>final answer
No. I'm still learning.

I've engaged in mystical practices and found that Plotinus' teachings resonate with me, but that might change.

>>1245077
Trying to get rid of my ego, kind of the point of mysticism. I guess it hasn't worked yet.
>>
>>1245096
Age? just curious.
Considering where you are in life, do you think life is just suffering? Is there good and evil? Do morals exist?
>>
>>1245077
Is having an ego a bad thing?
>>1245096
What is an ego? How could that exist if we, by my understanding of your description of Plotinus' teachings, we don't exist?
>>
>>1245121
Too old for wasting time on /his/, I've got work in the morning. I don't think life is exclusively suffering, though it is an intrinsic part of ego-driven existence, and I think morality exists to the point that acting exclusively in our own self-interest will not help shed the ego. I think there's a lot to be said for Joseph Fletcher's views on morality.

>>1245129
For me, the ego is the conceived idea we have of ourselves as entirely separate from one another, the selfish voice in your head that says "This is me, this is what I own, I need more things, I matter above all else". It's the part of the mind that keeps us detached from the One, and the thing that keeps us trapped in this level of existence. I guess it's the same as the Buddhist ideas of conditioned existence and anatta - the ego is part of the illusion, the great smokescreen that keeps us blind from enlightenment.

Unfortunately, it's all very well saying all this bollocks, but it's another matter entirely trying to actually lose the ego.
>>
>>1245204
Do you find that you have a good work-life balance currently? Or could one side use a little more? Do you have a goal in your life that you want to ultimately attain?

What are the ways that you are trying to lose your own ego? Additionally, I would say that you can't ever lose your ego until you actually die a literal death. If you want to keep living you ultimately continue to have an ego. I guess you are an ego?

Everything is relative, including this statement
>>
We are what is visible in the Divine. We are one Mind refracting itself infinitely. No matter how many children are born, we cannot exhaust the consciousness that looks out from all their eyes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.