[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm curious: do you guys consider these people (born 61-64)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: LateGenXEarlyboomers.png (582 KB, 718x371) Image search: [Google]
LateGenXEarlyboomers.png
582 KB, 718x371
I'm curious: do you guys consider these people (born 61-64) to be late Boomers or early Gen Xers?

>Baby boomers are people born during the demographic post–World War II baby boom approximately between the years 1946 and 1964. This includes people who are between 52 and 70
years old in 2016

>Jon Miller at the Longitudinal Study of American Youth at the University of Michigan wrote that "Generation X refers to adults born between 1961 and 1981" and it "includes 84 million people" in the U.S.[15][16]
>>
>>1240912

People born in between 1960, and 1982, are genexers.
>>
>>1240921
But many of the definitions of Gen X prefer to start it in 65
>>
Gen X. Remember, Obama is only 54 YEARS OLD. He'll be with us into the 2050s.
>>
>>1240912

Eh, they're in-betweeners. Too young to fight in Vietnam, too old to watch MTV in high school.
>>
1973 was the oil crisis
1974 was watergate
1975 most western countries had passed civil rights
in the 70s media and music became much more corporatized

People generally start to develop belief systems and hormones when they turn 13.

I can see why 61-64 is a grey area

We can say for certain that if someone was 13 when star wars IV came out they are a generation Xer, I am inclined to say they are early gen Xers but as they matured they started to act like their boomer older siblings
>>
By the same token, 77-84 is perhaps a grey area between Gen X and millennials/gen y, and 95-2000 is a grey area between millennials and "Gen Z"
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.