[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were the three most critical events in medieval European history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 866x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 866x876
What were the three most critical events in medieval European history?
>>
File: True Cross.png (463 KB, 570x703) Image search: [Google]
True Cross.png
463 KB, 570x703
>>1239720
The fall of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476.

The coronation of Charlemagne by Pope Leo III in AD 800.

The call for the First Holy Crusade by Pope Urban II in AD 1095.
>>
1 Dark ages

2 Charles Martel halts the advance of Islam

3 Gutenberg invents the Printing Press+renaissance
>>
>>1241713
>Dark ages
lol
>>
>>1241674
first post best post
>>
>>1241674
crusades were a meme, I would replace that with the printing press or renaissance fulfilling the beginning, the middle and the end formula
>>
>>1239720
The Birth of Christ
The Death of Christ
The Resurrection of Christ
>>
>>1242020
>medieval
>>
>>1242031
darn
>>
I would go for a top five:

Fall of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476
Establishment of the Caliphate in AD 632
Travels of Marco Polo in AD 1276-1291
Black Death in AD 1348-1350
Gutenberg movable type printing press & printing of the 42-line Bible in AD 1440-1450

To get the Reinassance underway you would also need the rediscovery of the Greek and Latin classics, but it was a lengthy process rather than a single event.

Marco Polo was not the only explorer nor the first, but he definitely was THE inspiration for all men of ambition looking to reach Asia one way or the other, and other exotic lands, the personification of the Age of Discovery to come.
>>
>>1241674
1/3. Poor form, see me after class.
>>
>Coronation of Charlemagne

>Battle of Tours

>Black Death

This list is objective and immaculate.
>>
Black Death.

The catastrophic death toll directly leads to the social, economic and religious changes that shape the next few centuries.
>>
>>1239720
Fall of rome
The caliphate
Reformation
>>
>>1242084
>>Coronation of Charlemagne
>>Battle of Tours

meme
>>
>>1242110
elaborate.
>>
>>1241713
>2 Charles Martel halts the advance of Islam
That's not how you spell Byzantium during the siege of Constantinople
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.