[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this great ancient civilization so easy to conquer and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: egyp-MMAP-md.png (105 KB, 1030x727) Image search: [Google]
egyp-MMAP-md.png
105 KB, 1030x727
Why was this great ancient civilization so easy to conquer and hold onto for centuries at a time?
>>
>>1318100
Fucking desert, dude
>>
>>1318100
Egypt was notoriously easy to conquer after it had already been going for about 2500 years.

China was also notoriously humiliated by Western powers at about that age.

Western civilization has been going for about that time too (depending on when you start counting) and is proving to be notoriously weak nowadays, with the only real reason it hasn't been invaded being that one of its out-shoots is merely about 300 years old.

Maybe it's just the lifespan of civilizations. Keep in mind that, for all intents and purposes, Egypt was Greece's Greece. Look at Greece nowadays.
>>
>>1319469
>western civilization is notoriously weak these days

If you live in the real world and not /pol/ you'd notice that the West is more powerful than any other civilisation in the world, economically, militarily, culturally, politically, and so on. In absolutely no way comparable to Egypt or China in the decades you talk about. And Chinese civ had been going for 5,000 years in the late 19th century so take your teleological 2,500 mysticism and eat shit with it :/
>>
>>1319524
>5000 years
>and you accuse me of bullshitting
Even counting from the Xia dynasty, you get less than 4000 years, and I see little reason to start counting before the Zhou, which is where Chinese identity started forming.

And I'm not a /pol/ack, it's not secret that without the US, Europe would have been raped by the Soviets, and NATO is their primary defense against Russia unless they decide to create the EU army (which for some reason many people are against).
>>
>>1322282
>implying US is not in the west
>>
>>1322297
>with the only real reason it hasn't been invaded being that one of its out-shoots is merely about 300 years old.
>>
>>1318100
If I remember well, the job of soldier didn't have a good social status. That's why they hired foreigners.
>>
>>1319524
> China in the decades you talk about. And Chinese civ had been going for 5,000 years in the late 19th century

Lol what? there are no written documents in China before 12th bc
>>
>>1322377
>> China in the decades you talk about. And Chinese civ had been going for 5,000 years in the late 19th century

No surviving documents != No written documents

It is known that the Shang people also wrote with brush and ink, as brush-written graphs have been found on a small number of pottery, shell and bone, and jade and other stone items,[15] and there is evidence that they also wrote on bamboo (or wooden) books[16] just like those found from the late Zhou to Hàn periods, because the graphs for a writing brush (聿 yù, depicting a hand holding a writing brush[17]) and bamboo book (冊 cè, a book of thin vertical slats or slips with horizontal string binding, like a Venetian blind turned 90 degrees) are present in the oracle bone script.[15][18][19]
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.