[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the most disappointing Roman Emperor and why was it this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Antoninus_pius.jpg (11 KB, 288x325) Image search: [Google]
Antoninus_pius.jpg
11 KB, 288x325
Who was the most disappointing Roman Emperor and why was it this fucking lazy piece of shit?
>>
Elagabalus aka "I'll suck you off in the royal palace for 2 denarii" aka "Charioteers make my boipussy wet"
>>
File: Commodus.jpg (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Commodus.jpg
89 KB, 800x600
>>1228191
Surely it is Commodus who is the most disappointing, coming after the revered Aurelius. Here is an emperor who pissed away a legacy by his fantasies of being Heracles born again, fighting gladiators, renaming the country and calendar in his own name - while the empire was being eroded.
>>
>>1228282
This bastard got killed by Maximus eventuallt.
>>
>>1228209
>boipucci
>getting wet

Someone failed anatomy class
>>
>>1228292
"boipucci" triggers me like nothing ever before
>>
Definitely Julian
>betrays Constantius, the man who made him Caesar in the west
>betrays Christianity because "hurr durr fighting over the trinity isn't important"
>fedora-tipping life-long virgin
>victory over invading Germans was achieved through countless advantages of fighting on defense, despite being "outnumbered"
>invades Persia despite Persia wanting peace, loses entire army and large parts of eastern empire
>plans to foster division between churches ends a humiliating failure
>destroys all churches in Antioch because his precious Apollo statue burns down
>most violent persecution of Christians since Diocletian
Honestly the only ones who like him are fedora lunatics who don't study history and masturbate to anime
>>
>>1228288
Fuck off summerfag. He was killed by his coach, Narcissus, not some anachronistic 'Spaniard'
>>
>>1228191
>decades of peace
>prosperity
>able to solve issues diplomatically, no useless and costly military ventures
>revered for his kindness to the point where it's in his goddamned name

I'd say the most disappointing is Alexander Severus. He was great domestically but he was a case of someone who was just way too soft to be in the position he was in.
>>
>>1228191
How was he disappointing? Because he failed to properly educate his extremely overrated successor? Can't think of any other faults he had.
>>
>>1228738
>>1228764
His reign can literally be described as: seeing several cans and instead of picking them up, kicks them all down the road.

Pretty much everything that went wrong during the reigns of Marcus Aurelius and Commodus barring plague can be attributed to his unwillingness to do anything.
He should have followed the example of Hadrian instead of sitting in Italy for decades letting the Empire run itself.

He had years of peaceful borders and no internal rebellions, and what did he do with it? Fuck all. Not one single Emperor that came after him ever had that luxury.
>>
>>1228498
fuck off with your false shit, christcuck.
>>
File: Phocas_(emperor).jpg (36 KB, 382x322) Image search: [Google]
Phocas_(emperor).jpg
36 KB, 382x322
I AM THE EMPEROR NOW
>>
File: 1447628376696.jpg (308 KB, 640x494) Image search: [Google]
1447628376696.jpg
308 KB, 640x494
>>1229144
>mfw
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.