[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of the works of Christopher Langan? No memes pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Z6IaHIT.jpg (28 KB, 339x382) Image search: [Google]
Z6IaHIT.jpg
28 KB, 339x382
What does /his/ think of the works of Christopher Langan? No memes pls
>>
>>1227032
Who?
>>
i'd just throw the munchhausen trilemma at him and see how well his 210 iq refutes it
>>
memes
>>
>>1227032
He's a joke desu senpai. He's a wannabe pseudo-intellectual. It should be obvious enough since Gladwell seemed to hold him in gigh regard.

>>1227139
Some bum who claims to be the smartest man alive. Look at his paper for "CTMU" (a nonsensical theory that purports to prove the existence of God.)
>>
>>1227139
Imagine that kid who wouldn't shut in your Freshman intro to philosophy course. Same thing, only he's ten times more insufferable, dropped out of college, and claims he's the smartest man alive ever.
>>
>>1227032
He has a naturally high intellectual capacity but with little formal education. Though his work reflects a lot of thought put in, it reads as though he's ignorant of the relevant scientific lit. On top of that, he believes in a personal god of the Christian variety if I'm not mistaken, but he's not entirely religious..

Not to put down people with that background, they're often much more scientifically literate than most scientists. But given what belief in a personal a western God will do to your perspective on science, and given the fact he's had no formal education, he's in no position whatsoever to credibly contest the entire community.

It's a fun possibility to play with, but people who are convinced he's right probably have no idea what they're talking about. He's gotten more than enough coverage to be read by enough intelligent people who so far have stayed pretty quite about him.
>>
>>1227893
but that's just like, my opinion man
>>
Just as a thought, no one actually engaging with his ideas, just dank memes

>le munchausen trilemma heh XD

Fuck this shit board
>>
>>1227893
He doesn't believe in a personal god you git. You literally wasted your time writing that
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.