[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Devilish/ City States Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: Based Doge.jpg (113 KB, 891x960) Image search: [Google]
Based Doge.jpg
113 KB, 891x960
So often these crafty little bastards manage to outmaneuver forces 10x their size - ITT share your favorites!

I'll start -
>be Enrico Dandolo, ~64 year old Venetian merchant
>He's brilliant and built like Rambo, despite his age
>sent on an expedition to punish the Byzantines for sacking the Venetian merchant quarters in Constantinople along with the Doge
>fuckingdisaster.wav
>be appointed ambassador in charge of fixing the mess with the ERE
>finally manages to negotiate a half-decent treaty with the Byzantines after 14 grueling years of diplomacy

>Finally returns to Venice
>but the fire of vendetta burns bright within
>go blind, but the blindness only fuels your hatred
>the Byzantines will pay

>elected Doge of Venice in 1192
>builds a sweet armada for the 4th Crusade for sweet profits and because deus vult
>crusaders are broke so they can't afford the ships
>so Dandolo gives them an offer they can't refuse & turns the Crusaders into his own personal hit squad
>turns them on the city of Zara as a test run
>the knights absolutely stomp the defenders - which is what happens when militia try to fight off a surprise crusader attack from the sea

>excommunicated by the Pope for slaughtering a bunch of hapless Catholics with his gang of knights over Adriatic trade rights
>Dandolo doesn't even care
>his hate-boner for the Byzantines compels him to press on

>sicks his gang of knights on Constantinople, along with the Venetian armada
>promises to install the Emperor's son on the throne to gain easy access to the city
>instead he sacks the city, personally commanding the Venetian soldiers despite being like 90 years old and fucking BLIND

>loot the Romans like they looted his countrymen 3 decades ago
>partitions the Empire and take 3/8ths of its territory for the Republic, sets up trade deals in all the rest

>his thirst for revenge sated, finally dies in 1205 at the age of like 98
>buried in Constantinople as a last fuck you to the Empire

Pic related. Guy was a beast
>>
I'd love to see an adaptation of the life of Dandolo desu

absolute swagger
>>
And then the Ottomans came and destroyed the Venetian economy.

Well done you stupid fuck
>>
valuable spices and dead gr**ks will come to you only if you post 'thank you most serene doge' in this thread
>>
File: Such Republic, Much Serene.jpg (188 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
Such Republic, Much Serene.jpg
188 KB, 1024x735
>>1225496
Thank you most serene doge, give me a villa in Crete plz
>>
>>1225496
THANK YOU MOST SERENE DOGE
>>
File: greeks.jpg (114 KB, 2048x834) Image search: [Google]
greeks.jpg
114 KB, 2048x834
thank you most serene doge, may your gr**kslaying abilities help us in our time of need
>>
File: image.png (65 KB, 2000x1143) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65 KB, 2000x1143
>be benin
>sell your neighbors to the portugese
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.