[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people have a moral obligation with society? Is it viceversa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: melbourne-istock.jpg (331 KB, 1920x837) Image search: [Google]
melbourne-istock.jpg
331 KB, 1920x837
Do people have a moral obligation with society? Is it viceversa? Does the west (aka. more advanced countries) have an obligation with the rest of the world?
>>
>>1224090
Obviously it does have an obligation since most of it's people think so.
There seems to be a problem in the west to compartmentalize and separate attitudes towards foreigners and attitudes towards one's own population.
The west has come to hate all aggression except self defense and its exactly in the name of self defense that the west wages wars today.
Perhaps its because US is the current hegemon but the US is also a society of immigrants.
Europe has decided, after WW2, that it cannot be responsible for war any longer and was replaced by the US and the Soviet Union, both of which had and have inclusive revolutionary ideals.
>>
A moral obligation to do what exactly?
>>
>>1224090
I view society as our moral obligation to one another.
>>
>>1224090
>does the west have obligations to tye rest of the world.
Yes
>>
>>1224090

Do girls have a moral obligation to tfwnogf's? Is it viceversa? Do the 10s (aka. more advanced women) have an obligation with the rest of the tfwnogf's?
>>
File: Socialownership.png (9 KB, 946x152) Image search: [Google]
Socialownership.png
9 KB, 946x152
>>1224246
>>
Living in a society forces people to adhere to a social contract. This means following the laws.

Moral obligation is a layer on top of this, not without. Its a question that allows us to be in charge of our lives. It gives the illusion that there is a self that controls these decisions, rather than being driven by the body.
>>
File: 1cfGgkL[1].jpg (777 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1cfGgkL[1].jpg
777 KB, 1944x2592
>>1224247
>Women control 100% of the vaginas

Not exactly...

>>1224090
No and no. A social contract cannot be implicitly agreed to, any agreement must be explicit for the contract to be legitimate.
>>
>>1224203
the fact that they have to write words ontop of symbols kills me
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.