[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know what language is it? and what does it mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Sin título.png (236 KB, 331x314) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
236 KB, 331x314
Hello friends, recently in a town southeast of Mexico I came across this text at the entrance of a church, I asked the locals what its meaning, but they did not know the answer.
So i post here to see if someone can help me translate it, just for curiosity
>>
It reads "The Doors of el Durinho — Lord of Moriales. Speak, amigo, and enter."
>>
>>1216229
What state/city?
>>
>>1216248
ITS A RIDDLE!
>>
>>1216248
KEK
>>
>>1216280
>Anonymous

Does it matter where?
>>
>>1216248
K3k
>>
>>1216229
maybe if you posted a bigger image, you dunbo
>>
>>1216296
Regional dialects/ native lanuages are a thing in Mexico you dingus.
>>
File: test.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>1217090
i don't think are an native language from Mexico.
by letters would believe is latin or something
>>
>>1217150
Letters are obviously Latin, but the Latin alphabet is used for many languages.

>>1217150
>>1216229
>s(x)p(e)B(A)D(n)jpHchil*s
I* could be an L or a capital I with a dot on top
>s(mo)Del*A CUE
l* could be an L or a capital I
>bAfAbf*COBi*
f* I am really guessing
c* really guessing

>tos(TO)vCier*sioi
r* maybe a c or an n?
>SCCCaboDiC2A

>oct 4 de 1179 ARO

It's epigraphy, not full words/sentences, and probably in some romance language.

s(x)p(e)B(A)D(n)j ph chils?
s(mo) De la cue
bAf Abf CO Br/Bi
to/ta s(TO) Y cie rsioi -> ciersioi?
sco/scc CAboDic 2A
oct 4 de 1179 ARO

ARO might not be ARO the R is a p and some other symbol next to each other I think.
I don't know any romance languages really, just very little French, so no idea what this could mean in whatever the fuck form of French they spoke in 1179.

Could still be Latin I suppose...
>>
>>1217150
It's ancient spanish, your photo os terrible but I can understand SMo de la cueba or holy (sir) from the Cave. It could be the testimony of a miracle
>>
>>1217376
or could be 1179...

To give more context data, it is a town called Tepakan, located southeast of Mexico, in the state of Campeche. The photo was taken at the entrance of a church, whose main saints is the Virgin of Pilar and San Bartolome
>>
>>1217463
looks like >>1217450 solved it for you
>>
>>1217450
>It could be the testimony of a miracle

wow, it has sense, please could yo re try, here's a link with a full size image
http://i.4cdn.org/his/1464648880377.jpg
>>
>>1217469
>solved it for you
well that is the church's history...
>>
>>1217450
" It could be the testimony of a miracle, "
this reads from the pic?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.