[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this film historically accurate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: The_Last_Emperor_filmposter.jpg (107 KB, 263x353) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Emperor_filmposter.jpg
107 KB, 263x353
Is this film historically accurate?
>>
>>1210381
I'm pretty sure we have no idea of Puyi's ghost haunts the forbidden city giving children crickets.
>>
>>1210392
Naw shiiiiet
>>
File: smiling-dog.jpg (48 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
smiling-dog.jpg
48 KB, 650x433
>His name sounds like Pooey
>>
File: 1427153582625.jpg (33 KB, 365x444) Image search: [Google]
1427153582625.jpg
33 KB, 365x444
>Sun Yaoting was the last surviving imperial eunuch of Chinese history. He was castrated at the age of eight by his father[1] with a single swoop of a razor, mere months before the final emperor was deposed.
>>
>>1210381
I loved it.

I think the japanese were portrayed too obviously arrogant and evil. I mean, you don't tell your puppet emperor he's literally shit to his face, it's not pragmatical.

But I know nothing, maybe the japanese were just retarded.
>>
>>1212562
it's about as pragmatic as having a competition of who can kill 100 civilians with a sword first
>>
>>1213179
Japaness aren't known for being politically smart.
>>
It underestimates the decandence of later Qing.
>>
>>1213355
Tell me about the decadence.
>>
They make him into the goodguy that believed he could accomplish something good as the puppet in Manchuria, meanwhile his wife is a drug-addict. If these roles were reversed it would have been closer to the real story.
Also, he was probably homosexual. He never bothered to make love to his wives and refused to enter the bridal chamber because "all that red was too gaudy"
>>
>>1214307
>If these roles were reversed
You mean making his wife some idealistic politician? That makes zero sense bro
>>
>>1213179
That's pragmatic though. They wanted to cause terror and that causes it. It also dehumanizes de civilians making it easier for your soldiers to cause this terror.
>>
>>1214307
So he was a drug addict?
>>
>>1210392
>puyi is the chinese Jeb Bush.
>has a pocket full of crickets
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.