[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A man finds himself, to his great astonishment, suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1393797272734.jpg (146 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
1393797272734.jpg
146 KB, 576x635
>A man finds himself, to his great astonishment, suddenly existing, after thousands and thousands of years of non-existence: he lives for a little while; and then, again, comes an equally long period when he must exist no more.

>you have to exist right now and you have no authority or consideration when you "come into existence".
>>
>>1202193
Am I lucky or what?
>>
File: schopepehauer.jpg (71 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
schopepehauer.jpg
71 KB, 396x385
>It would be better if there were nothing. Since there is more pain than pleasure on earth, every satisfaction is only transitory, creating new desires and new distresses, and the agony of the devoured animal is always far greater than the pleasure of the devourer.
>>
File: XCEO3lI.jpg (606 KB, 4096x2720) Image search: [Google]
XCEO3lI.jpg
606 KB, 4096x2720
>>1202193
>In a world where all is unstable, and nought can endure, but is swept onwards at once in the hurrying whirlpool of change; where a man, if he is to keep erect at all, must always be advancing and moving, like an acrobat on a rope — in such a world, happiness in inconceivable. How can it dwell where, as Plato says, continual Becoming and never Being is the sole form of existence?

Atleast I have high res pics of pretty girls and entertainment that lets time take its toll on me unknowingly.
>>
>>1202214
>there is more pain than pleasure on earth
Sure. How much of the pain or pleasure do I value, though?
>the agony of the devoured animal is always far greater than the pleasure of the devourer
Even so, the degree to which I value my own pleasure and pain is greater than the degree to which I value say, a chickens. By casting aside the universal perspective, by not imaging a non-existent Universal Observer the reality that our pleasure is built on a mountain of suffering need not trouble us.
>In a world where all is unstable, and nought can endure, but is swept onwards at once in the hurrying whirlpool of change; where a man, if he is to keep erect at all, must always be advancing and moving, like an acrobat on a rope — in such a world, happiness in inconceivable. How can it dwell where, as Plato says, continual Becoming and never Being is the sole form of existence?
Why is happiness inconceivable in such a world. Why should happiness only be conceivable in the inconceivable frozen world of Being mentioned.
Often I read or hear people bemoaning how, when we satisfy one desire, another appears, so we're never done, we're always hungry. Isn't that a gift? The gift of limitless ambition. Of endless satisfaction. Better to be an acrobat on a rope than a man in a tomb.
>>
>>1202295
Nietzsche pls go
>>
>>1202232
That picture kept me erect
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (126 KB, 384x480) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
126 KB, 384x480
>>1202300
Man up Author.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.