[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Christianity inevitably lead to child sexual, mental an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: Dawkins.jpg (63 KB, 948x1414) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins.jpg
63 KB, 948x1414
Does Christianity inevitably lead to child sexual, mental and physical abuse or is a new reformation of Christianity possible where this doesn't happen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26044852

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040428/Warren-Jeffss-child-bride-I-cried-wedding-dress-soaked.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-dimension/201511/fundamentalist-christianity-and-child-abuse-taboo-topic

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/29/protestants-abuse-catholics-methodist-church
>>
Eh, not really. Modern, first world definitions of child-abuse encapsulate things that are normal in 2nd and 3rd world countries and which only 50 years ago would have been considered standard practice throughout the world.

Or you could just be completely driven by ideology and ignore all that.
>>
File: 1464304641207.jpg (12 KB, 450x303) Image search: [Google]
1464304641207.jpg
12 KB, 450x303
>>1201501
>protestants
>christians

nice joke anon, nice joke
>>
>>1201501
>Does Christianity inevitably lead to child sexual, mental and physical abuse or is a new reformation of Christianity possible where this doesn't happen?
>where this doesn't happen
>doesn't happen
It's people in power abusing their power. It's disgusting but it's facts of life.
>>
>>1201530

There were sources covering pretty much every major branch of Christianity there, anon.

I guess your solution to child rape is shitposting.

Sad really.
>>
>>1201516

So you are saying a new reformation of Christianity is impossible and it has to be ruled by third world standards.

Interesting to know.
>>
>>1201536

In other words you think child rape is fine.
>>
File: papa-benedetto-xvi.jpg (40 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
papa-benedetto-xvi.jpg
40 KB, 625x416
>>1201561
>pretty much every major branch of Christianity there, anon.
protestants have about 50 thousand different denominations. I don't see thousands of links. Either way I have checked all three of them. Only the third mentioned Catholicism in a prejudical way rather than denouncing current news about it.
Stay salty
>>
>>1201580
*four
*fourth
>>
>>1201575
I didn't say it was fine you idiot. I'm stating the facts.
When you got faggots who sodomize little boys and girls that are in power then it's fucking wrong because you make the child lose there innocents. It's the fucking priests who do this that are the problems, not the organization, hell the fucking Churches should boot him out but they can't so they're forced to pay hush money so that the image of the Church doesn't fucking look bad. Oh and again, you should thank the Protestant propaganda for trying to claw at the Catholic Church while having faggots among the ranks.
>>
>>1201580
>Either way I have checked all three of them. >Only the third mentioned Catholicism in a prejudical way rather than denouncing current news about it.

There were four links.

The first was about how the Catholic Church is under investigation by the UN for systematically covering up of child abuse everywhere its malign tendrils spread.
>>
File: rotherham.jpg (343 KB, 624x810) Image search: [Google]
rotherham.jpg
343 KB, 624x810
Christendom is the only civilization that has ever condemned child abuse.
>>
>>1201598
>by the UN
You mean the same group that thought that sexism in Video Games was a real issue? Or that Japan drawing 2d girls is an issue?
>>
>>1201588

So you are saying it is impossible for Christianity to reform and it is always inevitably going to lead to child abuse.
>>
>>1201604

I think child rape is a real issue, anon.

I'm sorry to hear that you think it is funny joke.
>>
>>1201561
>Warren Jeffs is a massive percentage of believers.
>>
>>1201603

Funny how that happened in a Christian nation run by a state church that consistently promotes more Muslim immigration.

>religious child abusers protect each other shocker
>>
>>1201501
Explain how Christianity is the cause of child abuse faggot. Last I checked any organization that works with children is capable of having pedophiles in their ranks.
>>
>>1201606
Any organization, given time, will have degenerates in the area.
They need to be removed, purged for breaking the vow of chastity and then thrown to the wolves.
>>1201611
I wasn't joking, the UN isn't going to do shit. I miss Ratzinger, at least he did something, and now we got this faggot of a Pope who says nothing on it, doesn't follow in the footsteps, and is basically pisses people off. And I stand by Vatican II.
>>
>>1201614
>Europe is Christian when I want it to be
It's a post Christian liberal shithole.
>>
>>1201614
>CoE
>Christian
>Having the fucking Queen be the head of a Church
>>
>>1201613

You notice how those sources covered Protestantism, Catholicism and Mormonism? In other words the overwhelming majority of Christian churches worldwide.

Maybe you didn't pick up on that because you were too busy scanning one citation and looking for a shitpost response that underplayed beating and raping children.
>>
File: marc dutroux.jpg (28 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
marc dutroux.jpg
28 KB, 650x366
One of the main anticlerical institution in the Western world, the Freemasonry, runs child prostitution rings across Europe and North America. The other main anticlerical institution is secular Jewry, who run the other big child prostitution ring: Hollywood.
>>
>>1201639
Anon, you're overblowing the situation and blaming it on the institution, not the person.
>>
>>1201628

Are you disputing the facts of the post or whining pitifully that child rape is okay?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_England
>>
>>1201651

I have provided adequate evidence it is the institutions and maybe the ideology itself. See >>1201501
>>
>>1201637

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman
>>
>>1201677
It's not the institutions you idiot. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone, if they kick the faggot out then it proves that they have bad people and if they start paying hush money they can get found out and prove they have bad people.
What faith are you?
>>
>>1201628

Last time I noticed Mormonism was mainly an American issue.
>>
>>1201680
>no true scotsman on Religion
That's asinine and you fucking know it.
>>
>>1201647

>muh conspiracy theories are the answer to Christian child rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-28537149
>>
>>1201693

>declaring other Christians aren't true Christians
>this isn't a fallacy

Fuck off.
>>
>>1201701
>the atheist doesn't get what Christianity means
Protestants aren't Christians. They're heretics, and heretics can't be Christians.
>>
>>1201712

In other words you are a Catholic and instead of facing up to the mass child rape your church has systematically covered up and encouraged you want to shtpost about Protestants.
>>
>>1201724
So it's the layman fault because of people are corrupt?
>encouraged
Where nigga? Where is it being encouraged? Because I ain't seeing this shit being encouraged.
>>
>>1201588
This. Anti-Catholicism is the only thing that is still tolerated in the Anglo-Saxon world. Say anything about Jews, blacks or Muslims and everyone will call you out on it. But slip in the odd thing about how Catholicism is corrupt or all Priests are paedophile child abusers and no one bats an eyelid.

>>1201606
Christianity doesn't inevitably lead to child abuse. There is always going to be child abuse, sad fact of life. Some very sick people are going to abuse their position of trust within a community to abuse children. The only way it would really be able to be stopped would be through a police state,24 hour surveillance of people working with children. Do you want that anon? And then even people within said police state may use their position of power to abuse children.

As this >>1201536 anon alluded to, would you say that teachers in the Western world in secular school systems who abuse children is evidence that secularism inevitably leads to child abuse? Or what about if an Iman or a Rabbai abused a kid, would that mean that Islam and Judaisam inevitably lead to child abuse? You know what a soccer coach in my town got done for sexual abuse of minors, so I therefore come to the conclusion that soccer causes sexual abuse. Do you see where I am going with this?
>>
>>1201742
>Anti-Catholicism is the only thing that is still tolerated in the Anglo-Saxon world
Thanks CoE, really proving that King should never be part of the Church.
>>
>>1201728
Not him, but one could argue that covering it up would be encouraging it to happen.
>>
>>1201811
Again, it's a lose lose situation. If they expose him it shows that they have bad people, if they don't and try to cover it up it shows they still have bad people.
>>
>>1201501
if we kick out the homos, pedos and crazies we´ll run out of priests

t. catholic bishop
>>
>>1201830
>exposing yourself in front of others and saying you're corrupt
>or hiding and paying money to the victims to cover the damages
>>
>>1201818

You're moral compass is so fucked
>>
>>1201844
Again, how is fucking stating the facts at fucking hand a bad thing?
>>
File: 1455218280534-4.jpg (135 KB, 808x716) Image search: [Google]
1455218280534-4.jpg
135 KB, 808x716
>>1201742
you are right. People who make these threads don't bat an eyelid when they hear about all the pedo scandals in Hollywood, where the culprits are NEVER investigated and put in jail. They also don't give a fuck when they see sexualized teenagers and 10-year-old caked in make-up on tv.
They don't give a fuck about those poor abused children.

Interesting stuff:
http://www.amazon.com/Aa-1025-Memoirs-Communists-infiltration-Church/dp/0895554496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEONEL1TzMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37HgRWTsGs0

Don't take me wrong. Surely not all cases were a conspiracy. Surely degenerates slipped into the Church as it has happened in every organization around the world. Surely the world has become a degenerate hellhole and no place on earth is safe from the wickedness.
We are in for a huge chastisement if you ask me.
>>
>>1201915
>We are in for a huge chastisement if you ask me.
I got good money saying that the next Pope is going to be a better one.
>>
>>1201993
prophecies from catholic mystics paint the picture of a huge chastisement that will wipe out most people on the planet. After Peter and Paul will personally come down from heaven and choose the new Pope, the faith will be renewed and there will be an era of peace.
After this long era of peace, there will be the end of the world.

Not saying it will happen after this Pope, just saying that sooner or later it will happen. The problem is that the vision Pope Leo XII had in 1884 talked about God allowing Satan more power in the world for 100 years. The Fatima apparitions happened in 1917 and warned us about the upcoming apostasy in the Church. It has been a century of degeneracy and atheism. So it makes sense to believe 2017 might be the year of the chastisement.
I hope that we have more time than that though.
>>
>>1202046
The Fatima prophecies pretty much predictited how left-wing ideas would cause the destruction of the Western Christendom
>>
>>1202046
>So it makes sense to believe 2017 might be the year of the chastisement.
And again, I got good money on this Pope croaking and people fighting. I (in my honest opinion) don't have any problems with Vatican II, but I can see it being changed.
>>
>>1202060
>The Fatima prophecies pretty much predictited how left-wing ideas would cause the destruction of the Western Christendom
pretty much (Russia will spread its errors). I suggest you don't look up the vision of the coming chastisement given to sister Lucia if you don't want to get spooked

>>1202066
>I don't have any problems with Vatican II
I haven't made up my mind about it yet, but I think that we should undo it. A house divided cannot stand, and at the moment we are divided and confused.
>>
>>1202115
>I haven't made up my mind about it yet, but I think that we should undo it
I agree, but I think Vatican II is fine on some parts. Plus no dogma change so hey, no problems.
>>
>>1202218
>Plus no dogma change so hey, no problems.
I wish it were that simple
>>
>>1202221
>I wish it were that simple
Where's the change? Pastoral =/= Dogma change.
>>
>>1202229
it's complicated
>>
>>1202280
Doesn't seem like that to me, senpai.
>>
>>1201501
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26044852

This is from the UN, discarded. There is no reason to treat that organization as credible.

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040428/Warren-Jeffss-child-bride-I-cried-wedding-dress-soaked.html

New World Heretics suck. I agree

>https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-dimension/201511/fundamentalist-christianity-and-child-abuse-taboo-topic

>Sometimes people feel bad about things or get worried about things they believe.

This is nothing.

>http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/29/protestants-abuse-catholics-methodist-church

Don't cite opinion pieces to try to make a point. No one cares about this guy's opinion or your opinion.

Finally. The fact of the matter is that Catholic priests commit no more molestation than the male population in general ( and probably the female population since females crimes are routinely downplayed in all areas). In fact there are more molestations coming from the secular public school system. So I must ask you: Does Secularism inevitably lead to child sexual, mental and physical abuse or is a new reformation of Secularism possible where this doesn't happen?

http://www.newsweek.com/priests-commit-no-more-abuse-other-males-70625

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/
>>
Look into sexual abuse in orthodox Jewish communities.
>>
>>1202714
Clearly the problem must be Catholic schools
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 750x563
>>1201844
Just like all of humanity.

Why do you think pic related happened? Because we are all perfect and wonderful and not bad in any sense of the word?
>>
>>1202115
>Russia will spread its errors
That usually attributed to the spread of communism starting with the Communist Revolution in Russia.
>>
File: 1430347627272.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1430347627272.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>1203350
>>Why do you think pic related happened?
Because a jewish religious/political dissident pissed off the roman authorities.
>>
>>1201501

What? Why would it be? I don't really understand the connection.
>>
There's nothing in christian religious dogma which states "molest children", but maybe you knew that. Human beings victimize each other regardless of environment, but maybe you knew that.

If you're really tired of seeing young people be hurt, you could look to the real psychological problems inside aggressors and campaign to have these addressed, but I don't really think you care about that.
>>
>>1203311

No. It is the public schools that have been shown to be problematic in regards to sexual abuse, from the link I posted.

>As the National Catholic Register's reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state's entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.