[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if a nuclear power attacked another one with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 166847.jpg (136 KB, 438x640) Image search: [Google]
166847.jpg
136 KB, 438x640
What would happen if a nuclear power attacked another one with conventional means? Would the defending nation retaliate with nukes (which would mean they're gonna get nuked themselves) or would both sides limit themselves to conventional warfare? Kinda like how both sides refrained from using poison gas during WWII. In other words, is a full-blown conventional war between two or more states who have nuclear weapons possible?
>>
>>1201355
They might refrain from using nuclear weapons at first, however when one side starts losing they will turn to the nuclear option. They might either threaten to use nukes to force a peace, or actually deploy them if that fails.
>>
>>1201377

The consequence would be the annihilation of the remaining territory of the losing side (and possibly also that of the occupied areas). This seems far worse than the consequences of losing a conventional war
>>
>>1201355
You're probably looking at another cold war scenario. I seriously doubt any world leaders today would have the balls/stupidity to use nukes even on the losing end of a war.

I guess it depends more on who you're talking about, really. Anything first world would probably not use them.
>>
>>1201355
India and Pakistan, genius.
>>
>>1201464
seeing as the last time that shit happened was pretty recently.
>>
>>1201464
>full blown conventional war
>>
>>1201464
>pakistan

How did such a shit country manage to get nukes when most advanced countries didnt?
>>
>>1203661
China gave nukes to Pakistan because Russia gave nukes to India to try and contain China.
>>
File: limited nuclear exchange.png (474 KB, 1905x921) Image search: [Google]
limited nuclear exchange.png
474 KB, 1905x921
>>1201355
Any good resources on nuclear conflict?
>>
>>1201355
You never know really.

Ahmadinejad, near the end of his term, asked bout the nuclear programme said:

“Let’s even imagine that we have an atomic weapon, a nuclear weapon. What would we do with it? What intelligent person would fight 5,000 American bombs with one bomb?”

It boils my blood to see how dumb Americans are for slurping up pooganda so easily
>>
>>1201355
I think nuclear is the last resort. The side being invaded can be like "Yo we got nukes dawg, turn back now or we hit yo country"
>>
>>1201355
LOL Look at the contact email on that picture.
I don't want to meme but..
>>
>>1204578
1 bomb is more than enough for Israel...
It boils my blood to see retards ridicule something while being total retards themselves, stop it...
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 582x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 582x375
>>1204986
Aayyy
>>
>>1205003
His point was that ahmadinejad knew that he would have to sacrifiece Iran for the destruction of Israel and thought of that trade as foolish because he was a zealous shiite but not some terror funding wahabbitard.
>>
>>1205003
Do you guys actually believe he'd drop one on Israel? That's a suicide wish not only for him, but for everyone in Iran. Do you really think any conservative in politics today has the animosity to do something that stupid?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.