[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Maximilian I (22 March 1459 – 12 January 1519), the son
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: maximilian.jpg (103 KB, 700x1036) Image search: [Google]
maximilian.jpg
103 KB, 700x1036
>Maximilian I (22 March 1459 – 12 January 1519), the son of Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor, and Eleanor of Portugal, was King of the Romans (also known as King of the Germans) from 1486 and Holy Roman Emperor from 1508 until his death, though he was never in fact crowned by the Pope, the journey to Rome always being too risky
>always being too risky

Risky how? That someone would assassinate him or he would be attacked by other states while travelling? Or risky as in the diplomatic or political implications?
>>
>>1196954
I think it's because he never got around to being crowned
>>
>King of the Romans (also known as King of the Germans)

>"R"
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1415x1746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1415x1746
>
>
>
>>
File: 0832jf0j.png (18 KB, 102x56) Image search: [Google]
0832jf0j.png
18 KB, 102x56
>>1196954
>King of the Romans (also known as King of the Germans)
>>
>>1196954
All of it actually, though not necessarily at the same time.

In Maximilian's case, his coronation coincided with the War of the League of Cambrai, where Max was attacking Venice, so he couldn't do his journey to Rome.
>>
File: Europe_1000.jpg (689 KB, 1932x1544) Image search: [Google]
Europe_1000.jpg
689 KB, 1932x1544
>>1198809
>>1199056
>>1199096
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 539x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 539x399
>>1196954
King of the Roman? Did anyone care at this point. I am clueless, but wasn't there a Medici as Pope at some point around here? Did this guy have any power at all in Italy or did the City States pretty much control everything. I don't know.
>>
>>1204707
The earliest Medici pope came at the end of Max's reign.
The pope had a pretty tight control over the cities in the papal states, but everything outside couldn't give less of a shit about him as the pope, his political influence came from his alliances with France and the HRE. He had no control over northern and southern Italy, and in fact the papacy actively lost political and actual conflicts in the period against Venice.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.