[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
survey time 1. What is your understanding of God? 2. Have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1463448142740.jpg (249 KB, 740x980) Image search: [Google]
1463448142740.jpg
249 KB, 740x980
survey time

1. What is your understanding of God?
2. Have you had a personal religious experience to verify it?
3. What happens when you die?

>He doesnt exist
>no lol
>ate by worms
>>
>>1195036
1. I always subscribed to the absurdist point of view when it comes to an understanding of God

2. No

3. I don't know

I hope this helped OP
>>
>God belongs in the black swan category, which basically means that nothing meaningful can be said about him
>no, because what we're trying to discuss is by definition outside of anyone's frame of reference
>the material and information you're made off and you've produced gets reused. Whatever is necessary is recycled, whatever isn't is discarded. I can't really complain about this, because I'm the product of this recycling
>>
1. I'm not sure I rightly have one. I think he's likely just a psychological abstraction meant to encompass everything we don't understand while serving as a baseline for our understanding of truth and goodness. Alternatively, he could be something along the lines of Plotinus' one.
2. I've had a religious experience, but it didn't relate to that.
3. I don't know. I assume we just cease to exist.
>>
>>1195036
1. I'm religious, but I don't understand God.
2. No unfortunately.
3. I don't know.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3300x4050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3300x4050
>>1195036

1.I believe in God in a very loosely Spinozan sense. I belive that He is the fulfilment of all potential, everything that is and ever can, could, would, and should be, transcendent and present in everything. And a mind that has all potential fulfilled is alien to us and by assigning human agency to it we are saying it has motives. Motives are driven by assumption that there is a potential to be fulfilled so therefore God cannot justifiably have motives. The possibility of there being other 'deities' or 'emissaries' is fair, as long as the do not profuse to be the creator - then they may be beseeched to for guidance, but not worshipped. As their presence is a means for us to greater understand the one God.

2. I think I had an experience with Jesus but I may have been drunk at the time so idk

3. No idea.
>>
>>1195036
>What is your understanding of God?
I doubt, but I don't think the existence of a deity is entirely false
>Have you had a personal religious experience to verify it?
Not exactly; but I've met people of other religions (I live on the outskirts of the bible belt) and their beliefs don't seem far-fetched
>What happens when you die?
Don't know, don't care. I get what I get in the end
>>
>>1195036
1.A fictional character.

2.No.

3.I have no idea, as there is no way to bring someone back from brain death and verify what if anything they saw.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.