[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to read the books of the most important philosophers of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
I want to read the books of the most important philosophers of history, do you guys have any list?
>>
you guys can do it
>>
>>1192550
let me google that for you cunt
>>
>>1192671
thanks, any progress?
>>
File: buckminsterfuller.jpg (46 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
buckminsterfuller.jpg
46 KB, 500x372
>>1192550
4d Timelock
Nine Chains to the Moon
Utopia or Oblivion
I Seem to Be a Verb
Synergetics
Synergetics II
Critical Path
Humans in Universe
>>
>>1192550
Here's the list:

Plato, Complete Works edited by John M. Cooper
Complete Works of Aristotle - The Revised Oxford Translation vol. 1 & 2 edited by Jonathan Barnes
>>
>>1192872
thanks bro
>>
>>1192916
thanks, no socrates?
>>
>>1192943
Who?
>>
File: handsome_smug_face.png (253 KB, 624x277) Image search: [Google]
handsome_smug_face.png
253 KB, 624x277
>>1192550
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
by Voltaire

In all seriousness, he does have an interesting body of work. Essay on the Customs and the Spirit of the Nations is a great historiographical work.
>>
>>1192943
Socrates never wrote anything. All his lines are from Plato attributed to Socrates.

Add the gemology of morality to your list.
>>
File: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
Start_with_the_greeks.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
>>1192550

http://www.philosimply.com/philosopher/hesiod
>>
thanks everyone!
>>
>>1192550
You should start with Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit. It's a great intro to philosophy book.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.