[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Russia never expanded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 3850-004-87B10401.jpg (57 KB, 562x367) Image search: [Google]
3850-004-87B10401.jpg
57 KB, 562x367
Whar if Russia had never expanded? Would they have been conquered? Would the various peoples east of russia throughout Siberia and whatnot have established their own states or would they just have been conquered by someone else? Would Russia be far less influential and powerful than it is now?
>>
The muscovite tsardom only still exists on a map because sweden and Poland-lithuiania attacked each other while all of the cossacks defected to them
>>
Looks at that map. play as Russia as much as play EU in easy mode, your opponents all are irrevelant horse fuckers with primeval weapons like bow, sword..... only a fool can't paint the map
>>
>>1190268
I think Japan would have annexed most of Siberia.
>>
>>1190281
all of the cossacks defected to whom from who? Sorry, I'm new here
>>
>>1193083
I think he's referring to the Khmelnytsky Uprising, a cossack insurrection against the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth during the Swedish-Polish war usually called the Deluge because of the near-collapse of the Polish state. The cossacks established a kind-of-independent state which later swore some kind of allegiance to the Tsar of Russia.
During the Deluge Russia invaded the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and conquered most of Ukraine east of the Dniepr river as well as the city of Kiev, establishing it as the leading power in Eastern Europe at the expense of the PLC. Although by the mid 17th century Russia had already begin to rival the PLC in power, as seen in previous conflicts like the Smolensk war.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.