[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't this movie about the mongols invading china?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: mulan.jpg (2 MB, 1620x2400) Image search: [Google]
mulan.jpg
2 MB, 1620x2400
Why wasn't this movie about the mongols invading china?
>>
Because it's a Disney princess movie, faggot.
>>
Because the mongols won you fucking idiot
>>
>>1187505
Mongols weren't around yet.
>>
File: Mulan with a halberd.jpg (203 KB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
Mulan with a halberd.jpg
203 KB, 400x490
>>1187505
Just a guess but I think it has something to do with....source material.
>>
>>1187505
Because it's a Disney princess movie, faggot.
>>
>tfw no Disney movie about female courtesans and statespeople in Kublai Khan's China
Mongols were the original feminists, desu
>>
>>1187505
Because it's a chinese cartoon
>>
>>1187505
I remember liking the main bad guy a lot as a kid. The blue bug was cute as hell too.

Fuck that red dragon though.
>>
>>1187784
The bad guy was basically a Finnish death metal band member.
>>
>>1188074
>>1187784
The bad guy I think was like the first one I can remember from a Disney movie that wasn't silly or goofy in some way. Ursula was like a rich old lady with spoiled puppies, Jafar was constantly eye-rolling through his day at court with the jolly sultan, Gascon was this narcissistic jock constantly primping and posing, Scar was like Jafar where he spent most of his time face-palming at the idiots around him, Ratcliffe was just a scheming ponce, etc. Frollo was more serious and sinister, but for the most part a subdued authority figure who had bouts of pretty dark megalomania.

Shan Yu, though, almost all his screen time was spent like was in a completely different movie. Mostly that was because he only met the main characters at the end, but until then he just intimidated frightened, normal looking soldiers, casually murdered them, and shit like that.
>>
>>1187784
agree, the red dragon sound like a nigger
>>
>>1188332
Shan Yu is so fucking evil he doesn't even sing.
>>
>>1187505
Because the movie takes place in a temporal limbo in which the Forbidden City exists before Huns were integrated into Chinese society, uses fireworks despite the style of dress suggesting a later date.

It was an imaginary dynasty in an imaginary China, which is fitting since the time and place Mulan is said to come from is ambiguous. Presumably the same universe in which Pocahontas is of consenting age and John Smith is a beefcake.
>>
>>1189604
disney pocahontas is hot af desu, prolly best looking princess
>>
File: mulan.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1511) Image search: [Google]
mulan.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1511
>>1189616
>qt asian
>only Disney heroine with a body count
>in the fucking thousands

Mulan best girl
>>
>>1189635
Indeed.

Also I'm never prepared for how good this song is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
>>
>>1189496
(you) got a kek out of me
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.