[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
United China under Kuomintang
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: chnt-MMAP-md.png (73 KB, 1030x727) Image search: [Google]
chnt-MMAP-md.png
73 KB, 1030x727
What would China be like today if the ROC kept its authority stable during the Civil War through magic and terrific fortune and the Communists were wiped out?
>>
The same shithole, but with a different banner.
>>
>>1187483
>through magic and terrific fortune

The KMT had two opportunities to win: If Chang Kai Shek hadn't been kidnapped and held at gunpoint by his own officers to force him to make peace with the Gommies during the Japanese invasion, and if he hadn't invaded the Gommie held Manchuria after the war, which turned into a disasterus reversal.

As to what it would be like, probably much more like India, tho also probably a fair bit wealtghier than it is now.
>>
>>1187554
>Oh no, a perfectly good Communist division, among the first to wildly submit to my inept unified command.
>I know how I'll make a good example of them to draw more Communist units under the unified command.
>I'll kill them all, except the women, who will be kept as pack mules and rape slaves until they suicide or die of exhaustion.
>I'll be sure their cages are in especially full view of any Communist scouts.

>Oi vey! My top fighting generals have revolted!
>Oi vey! The Americans are trying to assassinate me!
>Whatever did I do wrong?

Anyway, CKS was just a puppet. Now let us ruminate on the identifies of his puppet masters.
>>
>>1187698
>Oh no, a perfectly good Communist division, among the first to wildly submit to my inept unified command.
>I'll kill them all, except the women, who will be kept as pack mules and rape slaves until they suicide or die of exhaustion.

Source? Sounds like bullshit 2bh.
>>
Probably a lot worse. The KMT could barely handle Taiwan let alone China. Plus, even a Maoist China became the USSR's rival and enemy, imagine what a Western puppet China would've like.

Say what you will about the Commies, but they govern much more effectively than the KMT ever did. China needs a central power to thrive and develop or else you'll end up like India. Chinese tolerate poisoned milk and heavy pollution because they know the alternative is much worse.
>>
>>1187937
>>1187698
>>1187554
t. western leftists who have never been to both the 1st world country of Taiwan and the dirty, rude shithole that the mainland became due to the cultural genocide of the 1960s.
>>
>>1187956
t. young chink diaspora too young too have visited both Taiwan in the 90's and Mainland China in the 00's and 10's

Mainland China is improving astronomically faster than Taiwan ever did. The old generation of Taiwanese are still rude and dirty while the younger generation act polite because they think it makes them more Japanese. I have far more respect for the Chinese than I ever will for Taiwanese.
>>
>>1188004
How much WOW gold are you getting for these posts?
>>
Chiang Kai Shek's son is supposedly a pretty good administrator, but i dunno if he would be able to administrate a country as big and problematic as mainland china is.
>>
You'd have to have a competent government for the civil war to actually end.

Of course, if the communists have been defeated, it's reasonable to assume that somebody competent finally fucking showed up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.