[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i was wondering if i could get help with a question i was asked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: url.jpg (4 KB, 153x186) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
4 KB, 153x186
i was wondering if i could get help with a question i was asked the question is
>Outline hatshepsut's claim to throne
i have many points to this but i was wondering if i could get some insight on this.
>>
>>1293219
She played nicely with the priesthood. The power of the priests cannot be overstated; it was they who really got to choose the pharaoh. Since they had a direct line to the gods, they were trusted in ecclesiastical matters, and thus could decide if the pharaoh had divine right to rule, or was a divine at all. Hatshepsut could either let her son Thutmose III rule by himself (as a direct puppet of the priesthood) or she could act as a regent while still obeying the priesthood more or less. She did great things in her own, don't get me wrong, but she didn't do anything against the will of the priests. She would have been out of there if she had; look at Akhenaten for example.
>>
>>1293227
Thanks man was wondering if the family tree would be important for a question like this cause she used family right to claim the throne
>>
>>1293233
Yes, she was the daughter of Thutmose I. She was sister to Thutmose II, as well as his wife, and mother of Thutmose III. She had royal right, and as such was later censored by future pharaohs who thought that if her claim could support a pharaoh so splendid, others may think their claim just as good. So they censored her to prevent ideas from spreading. But given her position in the royal family it isn't surprising she took power.
>>
>>1293251
Wow thanks big help very well written
>>
is this board for sharing homework answers now
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.