[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Israel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (1 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1 KB, 263x191
How and when did Israel become a country/his/
>>
>>1180421
Fuck off, and learn to use search engines.
>>
1948; After the holocaust the jewish people wanted a 'defined homeland' in the holy land and the allies wanted a friend in the middle east. Arabs waged a bunch of wars against it but got BTFO because of western support to Israel and lmao arab militaries
>>
When brits gave the land they conquered to them after ww1
>>
>>1180421
Brit own a huge portion of land in Levant. They look at 6 million of Jews got brutally gassed by Nazi and feel sorry for them. So Brit asked the native ruler of said land and the native agreed to Brits suggestion. Then Brit give the said land to Jews so they will have their own land and stop being world most hated diaspora. But suddenly the native of said land suffered a selective amnesia, forgot the whole deal and accused the Jews for being invaders. The rest is just history.
>>
>>1180435
Has nothing to do with the holocaust. Zionism predates WW2 by almost a century.
>>
>>1180445
>Zionism predates WW2 by almost a century

True. But I think it's fair to say the holocaust made it mainstream, so to speak.
>>
>>1180458
I suppose. But to make it to starting point is a wild exeggeration. If anything the Balfour Decleratiobln was a lot more important politically.
>>
>>1180498
>Decleratiobln
Christ I'm tired
>>
>>1180458
The holocaust was the catalyst to full Zionist realization but yes it is true that it was a long standing vision by both Christians and Jews for a long time before WW2.
>>
>>1180421

You read this on wikipedia. Why would you make this thread?
>>
Der Judenstaat by Herzl.
>>
>>1180421
Legally, it was when the British pulled out and the nation of Israel deared independence from the rest of the region.
It truly became independent upon winning its War for Independence, somehow defeating the combined armies of the Arab world despite mainly being armed with whatever WW2 surplus they could get their hands on.
>>
>>1180515
I wonder how thoroughly the ME could've been BTFO if there had been a mass crusade by the Christians and Jews of the Western World into the ME directly after WW1 or 2.

I wonder what the long term effects would've been.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.