[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are dropped off in a culture of your choosing before the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
You are dropped off in a culture of your choosing before the year 1300AD. you are armed with nothing but a set of contemporary middle class clothing, perfect understanding of the languages in the area you picked, and nothing more.
Could you survive where you picked? what skills do you have that could be applied? Would you prosper with your unique knowledge?
>>
>>1178543
My issue is that I'm mixed-race, so no matter how well I know the language or culture I will be instantly recognised as a foreigner of some sort and probably be questioned as to where I really come from.
Honestly not sure. Maybe al-Andalusia would be a good choice.
>>
>>1178560
half black? just get a deep tan or something? I don't know how black people work desu.
>>
>>1178588
I'm mixed Asian and Hispanic. It's a pretty unique combination. The only societies I'd truly be able to blend into would be certain places in Southeast Asia (i.e. the Philippines), or maybe modern-day Hawaii.
>>
>>1178616
If you are Mexican you already have Asian I'm you dummy
Natives came from Asia
>>
>>1178543
I'd pick one of the earlier chinese dynasties at their height
>>
Well, I can't see shit without my glasses/contacts so, nope.
>>
>>1178543
aristotle didn't know calculus, right? I'd teach him that. Maybe talk about other things that I don't really know much about but I vaguely know about.
As thanks he'd marry me and I'd raise mini-aristotles.
>>1178634
if you have sufficient skills you could just get someone to guide you around.
>>
>>1178625
No, I mean I'm half Chinese and half Latino.
I don't look anything like a typical Mexican
>>
>>1178634
Lol Darwinism at its best.
>>
>>1178560
Pretty sure that blacks were mostly slaves in al-Andalus. Sorry bro.
>>
>>1178649
>Retards that can't read through 9 posts before showing they're retards
kys
>>
>>1178646
>at its best

Why would you describe it as 'best', rather than just an unfortunate conclusion?
>>
>>1178639
>wanting to marry a greek scholar
He'll never reciprocate your love because you're not a nubile fuccboi
>>
Yuan China. 1307-1311 will be pretty tough, but it should be smooth sailing afterwards.
>>
>>1178543
1300 England.

>Could you survive where you picked?

As evident by the millions of people who did survive, yes.

> what skills do you have that could be applied?
None, which is probably what the majority of the people had.

>Would you prosper with your unique knowledge?
Probably. I'd sign up to be some kind of chef or builder.
>>
>>1179111
>anywhere before 1300 AD
>Picks 1300 AD
Cmon
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.