[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the human life absurd ? >all your achievements all your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: 1452402913092.jpg (14 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1452402913092.jpg
14 KB, 234x250
is the human life absurd ?

>all your achievements all your ideas and thaughts and memories are eternally lost

>dont even have consciousness to reflect upon the loss of everything

i honestly dont see the diffenrence between a life that ends with tremendous professional and familial success and a life that ends at age 20 by your own hands if every shadow of a jot of your awareness of your happiness is crushed forever
>>
>>1177487
>implying your memories don't stay with you when you die
>>
File: pepe55.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe55.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>1177507
how could they ? why should i take something like an afterlife seriously ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENZ2zRB-0AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hEfR-cXc4

that is the beautiful thing man.

Boost.
>>
>>1177515
>how could they
Easy, just because the memories are locked away doesn't mean you can reach them.
>why should i take something like an afterlife seriously
Because 4chan is a christian site and by God I'm not going to deal with an atheist having an crisis over the fact that they assume that they'll never exist once they die.
>>
File: Sisyphus-Image-01C.jpg (86 KB, 681x337) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus-Image-01C.jpg
86 KB, 681x337
Welcome to absurdism, please take a number to withdraw your boulder!

You will then push it to the limit, and embrace the absurd condition of human existence while also defiantly continuing to explore and search for meaning!
>>
File: camus.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
>is the human life absurd ?
Yeah.
>>
File: wojak2.jpg (9 KB, 231x250) Image search: [Google]
wojak2.jpg
9 KB, 231x250
>>1177548
its actually strangely both comforting and soul-crushing that im going to shift into nonexistance for all eternity

on the one hand my suffering and my massively cringy memories will fade away but on the other hand all my trys and hopes to improve will ultimately will be worthless too
>>
File: replicant654.jpg (28 KB, 600x264) Image search: [Google]
replicant654.jpg
28 KB, 600x264
>>1177487
>are eternally lost

like tears in rain?
>>
>>1177487

youre all so stuck on happines

what about offspring?
>>
>>1177591
>What about offspring that willingly ignore and contradict traditional values for the sake of "diversity" despite destroying what others fought and died for in the past.
What about them?
>>
>>1177487
>all your achievements

Then try to live life to the fullest so that your work, your feats, your memory will live on somehow. Be a memorable ancestor or friend or accomplish a great work that gives you public notoriety.
>>
>>1177591
im an antinatalist i would want to create life if i find it absurd
>>
File: 1452401804588.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452401804588.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>1177618
i know i could maybe contribute to a better world for others but i dont see how that abolishes the absurdity of my own life - i still wont be able to enjoy my contributions in any way
>>
I've personally experienced the divine so certainly there is an afterlife. At least from my perspective.

Good luck finding meaning anon.
>>
>>1177644
Guess it's time for you to start looking for meaning at the bottom of a bottle.
>>
>>1177652
>I've personally experienced the divine
Said every acid head ever.
>>
I actually am going to live forever, though. You'll see
>>
>>1177605
pol pls
good education trumps all
>>
>>1177661
how's that robo tech coming up anon
>>
>>1177487
>>all your achievements all your ideas and thaughts and memories are eternally lost
aaand how do you know that?

yes yes I know God and other things are an absurd

but it's not like you can say that with certainity, the true is we don't know shit about the universe and how does it really work
>>
>>1177652
proofs?
>>
File: 1452971906061s.jpg (10 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1452971906061s.jpg
10 KB, 250x187
>>1177660
OP here
i actually tried acid and mushrooms but felt nothing spiritual
>>
>>1177809
Up the dose. People who say they noticed nothing never had a heroic dose. Take 15gr of shrooms and that's enough for some serious shit. Also fuck drughaters, I know it's just making my brainwaves different but that doesn't mean it's not magical. If anything it's better because it makes me respect how the brain is even able to function.
>>
File: maxresdefault (32).jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (32).jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>1177487
>i honestly dont see the diffenrence between a life that ends with tremendous professional and familial success and a life that ends at age 20 by your own hands if every shadow of a jot of your awareness of your happiness is crushed forever
Existential Crisis thread #3,172,385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwRDwES-jt8

Why, in a universe where nothing is eternal, including the universe itself (barring humanity colonizing space and answering The Last Question), should something need to be eternal to be of value? In such a reality "eternity" is a concept that doesn't exist.

...and if mankind does succeed in such a goal and thus invents eternity, then whatever part you played in that story, at least, is eternal, however minute.

Everyone has an impact on the world, even those that die at birth, regardless of how small, everyone has some affect on someone else's life, and via cascade, and children, that impact leaves ripples in time throughout humanity's existence. How much impact you have, and what sort of impact you have, is ultimately, up to you.

As for your consciousness ceasing, you won't care, as you won't be around to experience not existing. Remember all that time before you were born? Yeah, kinda like that.

>>1177523
>Because 4chan is a christian site
4chan is a Christian site, like Sodom and Gomorrah were Christian cities. If Internet Jesus returns on Internet Judgement Day, this will be the first place to burn.
>>
>>1177487
>crushed forever
Good fucking riddance to be honest.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.