[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only 1470's kids will remember this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: MULO-Charles_the_Bold_corpse.jpg (1 MB, 2292x1695) Image search: [Google]
MULO-Charles_the_Bold_corpse.jpg
1 MB, 2292x1695
>only 1470's kids will remember this
>>
File: WGA7607.jpg (90 KB, 750x1035) Image search: [Google]
WGA7607.jpg
90 KB, 750x1035
>>1175666
>inb4 people born in 1470 who never experienced an independent Burgundy. You weren't a 1470s kid unless you were born in 1465 at the latest.
>>
>>1175666
>sic semper tyrannis
Seriously, best thing ever happened, 500 years of war for Germany and France, 500 years of peace and prosperity for Switzerland.
>>
>>1175710
Switzerland warred for half a century after that.
>>
File: van eyck.jpg (870 KB, 4096x2361) Image search: [Google]
van eyck.jpg
870 KB, 4096x2361
>>1175666
tfw

Neo-Lotharingen/middle Francia would've been nice.
>>
>>1177637
Kicking the shit out of the HRE and grab some turf in Italy, after that only peace and making moniez.
>>
>>1177654
But could it have realistically survived? Are there any hints as to what the royalty's inclination would be to Protestantism?
>>
File: worst day of my life.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1525) Image search: [Google]
worst day of my life.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1525
Only 1440's kids will remember this
>>
>>1178392
Well they stayed in the Low Countries a lot and unlike Phillip II they weren't hardcore Spanish Inquisition autists. Even Charles V was milder towards the Low Countries than his son.
>>
>>1177654
He has tiny hands.
>>
>>1179219
Well its just a baby.
>>
>>1179945
I mean the dude on the left. Come to think of it, the baby has the most normal looking hands of everyone there, if only he wasn't pretending to be RIchard Nixon.
>>
>>1175666
>starting a war with Switzerland
>execute over 400 man by either drowning or hanging, after he gave word of parole
thats already pretty suicidal
>riding to battle in a golden suit of armor against Swiss mercs
thats asking for it, really, really hard
>ended up with his head split from top to chin, naked, frozen and the dogs had their fair share before he was found
>>
>>1181832
I want to read his biography, he seems pretty interesting. He had a huge interest in warfare and was a good logistician but from what I read a pretty shitty field commander.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.