[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/'s dayjob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 19
File: gunboats.png (820 KB, 848x429) Image search: [Google]
gunboats.png
820 KB, 848x429
What do you do to pay your bills or get disposable bodypillow income, /his/? Anyone here living the dream as historians or teachers? If not, how well do you cope with dealing with historically-illiterate philistines?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>1171608
Convenience store clerk.

It flies over most peoples' heads when I bitch that Camels claim to be Turkish when there's pictures of Giza pyramids on the damn box.
>>
>>1171619
Probably because its autistic talk
>>
>>1171608
Military officer (non-American type).

Pretty sweet, I got a distinction on my promotion board history essay.
>>
>>1171619
To be fair there was a time when the Giza pyramids were part of the Ottoman Empire. Which ties into the Orientalist marketing of Camel cigarettes.
>>
>>1171654
What was the essay about?
>>
Construction work in trusses. Alot of people dont know shit about history in my work. I mostly dont interfere since they wont listen anyway.
>>
Night shift shelf-stacker.
I gave up about ten years ago.
>>
>>1171608
Software consulting.

I do miss college and taking history electives. I generally just cope by reading books and journals when I get a chance. Maybe I'll teach history and basic comp sci in high school after I retire. Been dreaming of going back to school and getting attempting to become a professor, but I probably won't take that risk/debt.
>>
>>1171669

Air war in 1915 in Mesopotamia (RAF and friends) vs today. In short we're still doing the same shit against the same people for the same reason and learning nuffing.
>>
File: 1456780701605.jpg (69 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1456780701605.jpg
69 KB, 500x590
Software developer.
I read books, play historical vidya and don't talk to people.
>>
>>1171705
I like that approach.
>>
>>1171608
I teach English and Italian as a part time thing for extra money, the rest of my income comes from Mommy and Daddy. The pay is shit though and I wish I could be doing something else but there are almost no part time job opportunities for students where I am.
>>
>>1171705
it's surprising how people just never fucking learn.
>>
>>1171713
Snails were probably a symbol for heavily armored knights.
>>
>>1171608
camwhore.
>>
>>1171716
When you're a student, I recommend just living it up while you can. I wish I'd actually travelled and studied abroad as a student. If you can afford to do it, do it now. It gets so much harder especially if you're American because we don't have any mandatory vacation and the standard from employers is 2-3 weeks. And yeah it can be difficult to find good part time jobs that pay well and are interesting as a student without connections. Some places refused to take my resume when they found out I was a college student because they can't make the investment to train you and then you just dip out when it's time to go back to school.
>>
I provide technical expertise to mechanics and electricians repairing commuter trains.

Basically I sit around doing nothing most days
>>
>>1171608
I stock shelves at Walgreens
>>
I do maintenance for a timeshare resort, pays pretty well desu.
>>
>>1171694
Why
>>
>>1171654
Are you a canuck?
>>
>>1171608
Solicitor.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (193 KB, 1456x909) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
193 KB, 1456x909
US Army
>>
>>1171608
I work in hospitality, at a spa. I'm getting my AB right now in classics, then I plan on getting my masters. After that I'll work as a highschool teacher and try to get a PhD.

TL;DR I'm trying to be a historian, but I'm only 20.
>>
>>1171665
This the correct answer.
>>
>>1171608
>What do you do to pay your bills or get disposable bodypillow income, /his/?
I work for a company that sets up and maintains ultrafast spectroscopy systems for universities. Basically I'm a glorified lab tech/IT guy who gets to travel a lot.

>how well do you cope with dealing with historically-illiterate philistines?
Most of the people I work with are pretty well-rounded and knowledgeable.
>>
File: tohtoriröökijäbä.jpg (105 KB, 1600x1102) Image search: [Google]
tohtoriröökijäbä.jpg
105 KB, 1600x1102
Security officer
>how well do you cope with dealing with historically-illiterate philistines?
With coffee, god and cigarettes
>>
>>1171747
While that is a decent income maker, you can't just say something like that without providing proof.
>>
>>1172246
What?
>>
Dishwasher.
Too busy to talk about things.
>>
>>1171608
Salesman. I'm super autistic, but I'm really good talking to strangers? Anyways, about to have my own company so I can afford college.
>>
File: 1460164568666.jpg (116 KB, 455x332) Image search: [Google]
1460164568666.jpg
116 KB, 455x332
>>1171608
Grad student. I specialize in TQFT and applications in cond. mat. Currently instructing an undergrad course over the summer.
>>
machinist
theres one guy i work with that is semi interested in the histories but other than that i stay quiet most of the time
>>
Courier stuff, also some office work on the side
>>
>>1171619
Ottomans my dude
>>
>>1171608
>What do you do to pay your bills or get disposable bodypillow income, /his/?
A Lifeguard, and im saving some money so i can move out to college
>Anyone here living the dream as historians or teachers?
Im going to get into Anthropology. Somehow, i have to.
>If not, how well do you cope with dealing with historically-illiterate philistines?
by occasionally revealing my power level at the worst times but otherwise hanging out with folk just as autistic as me.
>>
>>1174662
>>1171665
I mean yeah Ottomans but was that even the case when Camels came out in 1913?
>>
>>1171608
Open. The country.
>>
>>1174744
...said the United States.
>>
>>1174744
Stop. Having it be closed.
>>
File: tsu shrug.png (18 KB, 449x126) Image search: [Google]
tsu shrug.png
18 KB, 449x126
There was really nothing they could do
>>
>>1174771
So they signed a contract that lets United States, Britain, and Russia visit Japan anytime they want.
>>
>>1171608
why isnt this guy making more of world history shit? does he hate money or something
>>
>>1171725
They could have also been a way to make fun of nights. Also, since many monks worked on growing food, it is very possible they actually did see snails as worthy foes of knights
>>
>>1172463
Top tier movie taste
>>
Mason and occasional carpenter.

I'm the boss so the guys have to put up with my going off on flying buttresses and nubian vaults on a regular basis.

My wife is a bong and I apprenticed in england (im a texas fag). Once on a job in North london a Halifax flew over and I just about shit myself.

None of the lads gave a damn about anything you couldn't snort drink or fuck, but they humored me while I rambled about the blitz for rest of the day. I was also constantly showing them old porcelain containers and other old trash we found digging out footings. I miss those guys. Now I have to sperg out in spanish.
>>
I'm a paralegal for a small 2 partner law firm that does creditor rights litigation.

I'd like to be a history teacher/professor, but dumping another $50k into getting my Masters just to make the same money I'm making now just isn't the greatest investment.
>>
File: 1450915817688.gif (9 KB, 400x195) Image search: [Google]
1450915817688.gif
9 KB, 400x195
>>1171694
Same here. I like it because I can listen to history audio books while I work.
>>
File: 1463892375980.png (723 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463892375980.png
723 KB, 800x600
air national guard and school. I bore people by telling them random historical anecdotes
>>
File: char bubs.jpg (3 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
char bubs.jpg
3 KB, 126x122
>>1171608
Student loans babe
>>
>>1174791
Choshu and Satsuma hated this.
>>
I work as an ambulance nurse/EMT. Everybody in my profession is well aware about the general history of medicine and caretaking as we get force fed of it during education. I have a great fascination with the history of surgery which is not that well known. I am fucking disgusted with the history of psychiatric care, been to a few exhibits and it's all been very nasty stuff.
>>
Was delivery driver for Jimmy John's (because I like weed)

Now am part of a public policy think tank in Denver (because I like weed)
>>
>>1173865
Britbong term for a lawyer.
>>
>>1175454
"this sucks" they said
>>
>>1171608
I work 3 jobs. I enter data at a real estate company, and work part time at 2 pizzerias.

I'm currently going to school to become a legal assistant. Apparently you have to go to school for that. I don't plan on being a paralegal for long because I have health issues with my eye and can't work in front of a computer all day.

I was going to go to school to major in history but my mom (who is a teacher) and high school history professor asked me if I wanted to starve to death when I told them my plans.

I don't deal with them. I don't even correct them. I don't have time for it. I have bills to pay.
>>
>>1175572
>>1175979
Why do we delivery drivers smoke so much weed? I burn 7 grams every 3 shifts.
>>
>>1171608
Work in a call center doing customer support for a shitty coffee maker/company. I hate it and I'm absolutely miserable but I have no other job options. The ironic thing too is that I'm pretty fucking good at my job and making sure peoples' issues get resolved and turning around pissed off customers. I just hate every second of it. Thankfully it's been slow the last few months so I can get some reading done inbetween calls.

I want to go back to school but I feel too old (31 with no college at all) and the only local community college only has a single American history course.
>>
I am currently a librarian at a mental hospital, and we have a stunningly terrible non-fiction section. I try to tell the library director to get more history books but to not much success.

I just graduated college, kinda afraid of what to do next. I was one of the best history majors at my school, and wrote a thesis on actually something rarely studied in English (Russian monasteries in the 1700s). All my professors think I should go for the PhD, but I'm scared I won't get a job or be able to support the family I want with it.

The fear, /his/, the fear.
>>
>>1175983
because you're fucking bums
>>
>>1176020
You could always just keep up the job and come back to the PhD part time with a bit of cash behind you
>>
>>1175966
"This sucks!"
>>
>>1171608
I'm a phdfag, byzantine history.
Probably I'll post as a NEET after I finish my Thesis
>>
>>1171608
I work at my uni's library. It's really a pleasure because I run a machine that grabs boxes of books from the main storage. It's like a 4 story room with a giant mechanical grabber and I just sit at my console and run it all day. Then I'm donee with work and go upstairs to study
>>
File: 1414640079420.jpg (66 KB, 610x415) Image search: [Google]
1414640079420.jpg
66 KB, 610x415
>>1175594
Oh.

That's funny.
>>
I work part time at the Louvre museum.

Every time I go on the great pyramid place, I see one chinese marriage and lame tourists taking always the same picture, by pointing the eiffel tower and playing with the perspective.

also the restricted underground infrastructure looks like this base from the first austin powers movie, and there is kind of golf cars too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA
>>
>>1171608
teacherman here

i hate my department chair

apparently content is not important anymore only the skills you teach kids
>>
I'm a paralegal but I have to look for a new job because I rarely get hours now that my boss ended our contract with the county.

Apparently 10k a month wasn't enough wasn't enough for him...
>>
>>1171608
I teach German in a private language school, I throw in a historical anecdote here and there but most of my students are 8-18 year old who are forced to be there by their parents, they don't give a damn
>>
Architect
>>1171749
I spent my early 20s making sure I was set for life, I wouldn't recommend this
>>
Suicide consultant.
>>
File: 1462052555117.png (118 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1462052555117.png
118 KB, 269x270
>>1171608
I'm a historical park guide for kids (school season's almost over, goodbye hours), and work evenings/weekends at a used book store. Too much of my income goes into buying used books there, my "to-read" pile is now 24 book and growing. There are worse problems to have, I suppose; someone brought in some water damaged books from 1899 (just the covers, thankfully) about the recent acquisitions of the Spanish-American War and just gave them to me for free once I told them we wouldn't buy them.

I'm trying to get into more museum work and get on a career track for museum/public history education, but it's difficult. I need to work around at museum odd jobs a lot, then go back to school for a masters in museum admin/curation/science/etc. There's a lot of paying your dues and working your way up the ladder, and not a lot of places to start doing it. Anyone else going for museum work around here? Any tips?
>>
>>1171608
I work at the gas stations
>>
>>1171608

i work mostly construction/factory jobs, or gardening, and sometimes sell grass & mushrooms on the side

a year ago i worked for this restaurator firm, did historic building facades and stonework, learned tons, but the boss was a loony bastard, his son even crazier, both into some ezotheric shit, gurdijeff and such, hardly took care of the machinery(think they might have considered us machinery)

then i worked for an actual reastaurator dept., cleaning baroque fresques and such, good work, good pay

the gov. cut costs on culture spending this year so i dont meet the budget but im gonna go work in a icecream factory in a week or so... or wish me luck

LONG LIVE THE PROLETARIATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIČKA VAM MATERINA REAKCIONARNA
>>
>>1177259
TAKO JE BRATE
>>
>>1177271

! JELTAKO-TAKOJE !
>>
>>1177259
>>1177271
Gde si radio restauraciju?
Zvuči zanimljivo
>>
>>1177291

ma zagreb, zagorje

ovo službeno u podravini, ovo na crno uokolo, nesmiem ni pričat, projekti su, pare i to

naš kakvih treba sam sreo uokolo, majketi...
>>
>>1177309
jbg žao mi je što si izgubio taj posao, zvuči kao dreamjob čak i sa retardiranim šefom.

gde si sreo trebe, na poslu? nisam znao da ih tako nešto zanima
>>
>>1177319

i bio je, učio svaki dan neš korisno i novo, žao mi je više posla i ljudi nego plače, takitak na crno bilo

ma joj, na poslu, uokolo, odi koji put ovako iz zajebancije u tipa krapinu, varaždin, samobor pa da ih vidiš, briješ da su ove vlaine i hercegovke kaj se skupe po bestu nešto, jesu kurac, a još dok vidiš studentice kaj rade stobom na skeli dok si pri zavodu

al ono, nisu to neke priče... kaj na koncu nisam ni broj izvuko, ko pravi forčanovac
>>
>>1177259
ubijse
>>
>>1177397
puši kurac

>>1177348
nikad nisam bio u Hrvatskoj, osim jedan dan u Dubrovniku, ne bi bilo loše otići tamo, ali realno prošao bih s curama kao ti, nisam džaba na 4chanu
>>
>>1177413
mrs preko drine cetniku komunisticki
>>
I work retail and it's alright.

>go to school for History
>get told on orientation day that a degree in History isn't what you need to teach in California
>look at the reqs for what you do need and say fuck that
>switch to Film and drop out a semester later

End my life.
>>
>>1171608
butcher
>>
I work retail and it's shit. I'm quitting at the end of June so I can have about a month off before I ship off to grad school in philosophy.

Maybe not the best financial decision one can make, but the school is paying my tuition and fuck you I like talking about the intersection between linguistics and philosophy.

I'm counting the days until I'm out of this soul draining, monotonous job so I can argue semantics with people that know what semantics actually is.
>>
>>1177469
>Studying film in California
HAHAHA OH WOW. You could literally go to any studio and ask to be the bitch boy and get way further than any degree would get you.
>>
>>1174722
Yes?
>>
>>1171608
>tfw I work as a historic analyser for a company and get to read about ww2 all day long

feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
>>1177749
Please tell me how to acquire such a job.
>>
I'm a cook, and I don't really have any dreams (nothing grand anyway; I'd like to own property some day, have some comfortable savings, and be able to retire in peace). My interest in philosophy has mostly been an attempt to find a sense of peace and meaning, and it's been only a partial success.
>>
>>1177758
He's lying lmao
>>
>>1177851
How does one become a cook?
>>
>>1175056
>I apprenticed in england (im a texas fag)

How'd you manage that? I'm in Texas too.
>>
My contract's up, sadly, but up until recently I had a comfy job as a research assistant for identifying first and second world war dead. It was really neat work.
>>
I work nights in a hotel (3 twelve hour shifts a week). I plan to quit in a few months and try to leave the country, I just wanted to save a little money while I stay at home. I shift between hating my job and thinking meh, it isn't that bad.

>>1177215
>I'm a historical park guide for kids

How'd you get that job?
>>
I work in an office at an air conditioning duct factory.
Work doesn't require a lot of thinking so I listen to history lectures and audiobooks on the job A LOT. My history interest gets channeled into the podcast I do with my old highschool buddy and /his/.
>>
>>1177896
Apply for a job. I started with literally no experience and they trained me from scratch. Start small, pubs are a good bet.
>>
File: 14288253077200.jpg (57 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
14288253077200.jpg
57 KB, 600x615
>>1177949
I taught English abroad for a year in Russia after graduating college, then came back to the US and found an opportunity teaching as a tour guide at a historical park close by my folks' place (had to move back home because lolnomoney after the ruble crashed). They liked my skill set from teaching English and my history degree.

So I guess I'd say just luck in finding the park and skills acquired in other jobs. The dream is to work for the educational department of some public history institution, be it a museum or park or company. I'd kill for the number of hours you get at that hotel. I'm still a few years away from a salaried position in this field I'd imagine, and that's even if I can find a position in the first place.
>>
>>1176610
>Works part time at the louvre
>Nobody has asked him questions yet

What's it like? Full of annoying security no doubt, but do you at least get to see all of the cool things the Louvre has to offer?
>>
>>1178729
What was your work in Russia like? I've been considering doing the same. My parents are expats and I was raised bilingual, so I should be fine there. Did you teach in Moscow/Peter? Or a smaller city?
>>
I deliver cars for Tesla. Occasionally I get to show off my bachelors to the academically inclined. I mostly make middle-aged men feel cool about buying a crisismobile and daydream about Victorian colonial adventures I'll never experience.
>>
File: 1452058831813.gif (369 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
1452058831813.gif
369 KB, 500x271
>>1178909
I was in Novosibirsk, so not a terribly small city. It was alright; a lot of tutoring, and usually getting to teach a class or two a week at public schools as a guest teacher through my company.

Can't recommend going now, when I arrived the dollar was 1:25 to the ruble and when I left it hit 1:75. It's down to 1:65 now, but you would still never make any money to take out of the country with you and inflation has destroyed the economy for the average person - electronics and food prices have gone waaaay up.

Top that with the fact that fewer people want to learn English (le NATO is out to get us meme) and fewer schools want to contract out to bring in tutors for one-off classes like mine anymore (as if they had the budgets anymore anyway). I can't recommend working in Russia atm.
>>
>>1171608
University archival technician's assistant. For all intents and purposes, I am an archival technician since we don't have one, but that's my title.
>>
>>1176244
And with almost very little outside help, they overthrew the shogunate.
>>
>>1179313
How did you get that position? I'd imagine you had to get a MLS or an MA in archival work.
>>
>>1177596

No. Ottomans truly lost Egypt in 1882
>>
>>1181359
>that sliver of Albania

wat
>>
Work nights at a old folks home saving money so I might finish school one day
Vidya games and drugs really fucked my life I guess. Feels good getting payed and actually doing stuff every now and then.
I fell for the neet neme
>>
>>1174911
He doesn't know much about history. If you look at his other stuff, his whole niche is that he goes crazy with effects and sings a word or phrase. That video was made because of the way he could present it, not due to any real interest in Japan.

In addition, it's actually not that good of a summary. He cuts a lot out.
>>
File: Ottomanmap2.gif (45 KB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
Ottomanmap2.gif
45 KB, 350x264
>>1181378
They were all up in Eastern Europe's shit. They were finally stopped at Vienna when infantry held out until glorious winged Polish hussars descended from the nearby treeline, making the infantry literally cheer on the battlefield before they mopped up the Ottomans.
>>
>>1181515
I know, but why does that map give them that bit of Albania? I thought the Balkan Wars really fucked their shit up. All they had left in Europe after those was a little bit of Thrace.
>>
>>1181525
The Albanians were the last to claim independence in like the 1890's
>>
>>1176020
Post your thesis anon
>>
>>1174125
Is that guy, uh, real?
>>
>>1181515
>"It is recorded that the Polish cavalry slowly emerged from the forest to the cheers of the onlooking infantry, which had been anticipating their arrival. At 4:00 pm the Polish hussars first entered into action, battering the Turkish lines and approaching the Türkenschanze, which was now threatened from three sides ... The allies were now ready for the last blow. At around 6:00 pm the Polish king ordered the cavalry attack in four groups, three Polish and one from the Holy Roman Empire. Eighteen thousand horsemen charged down the hills, one of the largest cavalry charges in history after some ancient charges.[23]:152 Jan III Sobieski led the charge[16]:661 at the head of 3,000 Polish heavy lancers, the famed "Winged Hussars"."

fuck that is so badass. i'd be fucking scared as a turk during that battle
>>
File: Scotland_Forever!.jpg (3 MB, 2995x1516) Image search: [Google]
Scotland_Forever!.jpg
3 MB, 2995x1516
>>1181603
>i'd be fucking scared as a turk during that battle

That's about the appropriate attitude when staring down a cavalry charge.
>>
>>1171608
I shill for sheckels
>>
Just finished undergrad. Got a bachelors in mechanical engineering with minors in chemistry, math, and physics. Damn near a double major in chemistry. Right after I graduated I pulled out my investments, receiving 20k, which I'm living off of until I start work at my new 50k a year entry level job at a manufacturing plant in mid June after a vacation on the coast of the mediteranean. So right now, I'm doing well.

And I live in an area where the mean IQ is probably 90-95, so I have long since stopped caring about discussing anything like that with anyone here.

On a related note, for those of y'all who did humanities in their undergrad: why? What was the purpose? This isn't intended to be degrading or insulting, I'm legitimately curious.
>>
>>1181761
I major in Geography/GIS so kind of a mix between the two. Why humanities? Personal fulfillment, honestly. I'm not memeing, either. People love it and some people honestly don't care about money (as you can see from the aspiring teachers here). I think that's just fine if you're content studying and reading and teaching what you love even if it never even reaches 50k/year. I think this thread is evidence of that (obviously with some people being disillusioned but you'll get that anywhere).
>>
>>1181851
Well, I ask not because the humanities are pointless to do or something like that (obviously they are not), but because you're not simply learning about the subject but pursuing a qualification in the field. We're in the age of essentially free information; there is no reason to pay the exorbitant amounts of money required today to learn something. The same hold true in STEM fields; the reason I went to school for what I did was not to learn things but to acquire a piece of paper that theoretically qualified me to practice engineering.

So you're saying the qualification itself brings personal fulfillment? Or the results of having the qualification would? Either of these would make sense to me, really. Universities are still a scam either way.
>>
>>1172463
FINLAND ? ?? : DDDDDD
>>
Work part time with adolescent sex offenders at a treatment facility and part time at an unpaid internship at a state political party. Considering joining the navy.

People at my internship are fairly well versed in history which is a nice change of pace.
>>
>>1181880
Yes, I've heard that as well. Some of it could be having like-minded peers to talk and discuss with, as doing it all alone is different than doing in a school environment (in my opinion). Definitely the personal accomplishment as well as the fact that they need qualification, like you do for your position, to teach said subjects.

And the social stigma to go to college blah blah.
>>
>>1181954
Yes. It's a shame that college is required at all now. I know far too many people whose lives have been destroyed because they tried to pursue their dreams in college and wound up with a debt load they will literally never be able to pay off and no career.
>>
perennial student

feels useless desu
>>
> go to college
> get bachelor's degree in history
> graduate just as the global economy collapses
> be totally unemployable
> decide I need to get actual specific job skills
> go to grad school in Museum Studies, since I had several museum internships on college
> don't like classes or classmates but I keep going because I want to be fucking employable
> graduate
> realize there's a bunch of museum studies programs nowadays and too few jobs
> realize you just got conned out of thousands of dollars and two years of your life
> spend three more years working shit retail jobs for 60 hours a week
> hate yourself, the world, and everything in it
> finally find a place that hires worthless overeducated fuckups with no practical skills
> the United States government
> now have comfy boring job as bottom-level bureaucrat

I'd almost be okay with my end point if the journey wasn't so shitty.
>>
Financial Banking, eventually want to get a job with the Fed for those benefits. My life is objectively great and what most people strive for and desire, but I just want to be a monk and study theology.
>>
>>1171654
I Remember my dad had to do a ridiculously long essay on The Grand Chessboard to get promoted to a lieutenant colonel
>>
>>11836deep eeb
trtttiene
d
df
s

hf ami asda gujku udjs gnte
>>
US Marine.
Done in 2 months and going back to Business school, hoping for a comfy middle management life.
>>
>>1177155
I've been thinking about it, can you tell me which type has the best reviews?
>>
>>1171749
ive had this problem every summer anon, we'll make it bro
>>
>>1177898
Met my bong wife in a "intentional community (hippie farm where nothing gets acomplished)" when we were young stupid and traveling.
Ask her to marry me after a year, we both moved to England so she could finish University. Took the best paying job I could get as a laborer for a crew of bricklayers, and they taught me.

4 years later moved back here because real estate is ridiculously expensive in southern England, and there are no jobs any were else in the country. Also missed tacos and guns, Now I miss curry and banter.

They wouldn't have let me in if I didn't marry a brit. They have a point system, if your not a refugee or from the commonwealth, and my redneck ass is worth zero points to her majesty
>>
>>1183872
I work as a overhead lineman. Lucky for me one of my coworkers is a fucking history turbonerd and studies loads about central Asian nations and lineman shit. The man collects insulators and antique hotsticks and shit. It's the weirdest thing I've seen. But on the weekends I volunteer at my city local history museum considering that it's a bumfuck nowhere town in West Orlando.
>>
>>1181177
Generally, that's the way to go. I got lucky. Took an archival class which had a lab which was pretty much an unpaid internship at my uni archive. After that, I did paid student work for the archive. Two months after I graduated, the archive technician quit and I applied. Hired almost on the spot.
>>
>>1174722
>I mean yeah Ottomans but was that even the case when Camels came out in 1913?

Ottoman empire wasn't really broken up until after WWI.
>>
>>1181359
>truly lost Egypt
No. The Ottomans and British had joint suzerainty over Egypt until WWI.
>>
8 years as a correctional officer.
>>
First line IT support and I am a barman on a Saturday
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.