[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ancient Egypt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
I was always fascinated with the Ancient Egyptian civilization. The monumental architecture, the mysterious religion, the society, the mummies, the hieroglyphs, all the iconography. All the gold and black diorite and lapis lazuli.

But why does the Ancient Egypt seem so alien? Is it because it's not something we Europeans have around so we're not familiar with it? It's far away in an exotic land buried by sands in shade of palm trees.
>>
Akenaton did nothing wrong
>>
>>1166289
No. Its alienness is due to ignorance, and that ignorance is mostly due to deliberate tergiversation of history, and chronology, and occlusion of truth.

Alienness has nothing to do with geographical distance; that would be absurd; if that were so, anything beyond your immediate purview would feel alien to you. Use your fucking mind.
>>
>>1166289
>Is it because it's not something we Europeans have around so we're not familiar with it? It's far away in an exotic land buried by sands in shade of palm trees.

Nigger go to a museum, even a backwater shithole town with no proper sewerage system has at least one sarcophagus and legendary pharaoh. There's probably more ancient obelisks in Europe and America then there are in Egypt at this point.
>>
>>1166411
Egypt is strange. It has a bunch of weirdities and mysticism associated with it. The tombs, the pyramids, the mythology, the very writing is alien.

What is similar to it in Europe and the Western civilization? Our temple complexes are ruined, we don't have insanely mysterious & monumental buildings such as the pyramids for which we don't know the purpose.

And most importantly, Ancient Egypt is truly ancient. It was more ancient to Romans than Romans are to us.
>>
>>1166289
Egypt rose and effectively fell for 3000 years before before Rome was of any importance.

It blows my mind.
>>
>>1166438
Then why did you post a picture that isn't Ancient Egypt?
>>
>>1166438
>Egypt is strange. It has a bunch of weirdities and mysticism associated with it. The tombs, the pyramids, the mythology, the very writing is alien.

Did you even read the post to which you replied?

>Our [Europe's] temple complexes are ruined...

Just like Egypt's.

>... we [Europeans] don't have insanely mysterious & monumental buildings such as the pyramids for which we don't know the purpose.

Europe is littered with megalithic complexes, and buildings, the purposes, or functions, of which are unknown. You are ignorant.
>>
>>1166472
Nothing on the scale like the Egyptians, and nothing as imposing or articulated like the pyramids. You are the one that is ignorant.

Yes I've read the post, but I agree with tergiversation, which is very good.
>>
File: Institute-of-Egypt-fire-b-007.jpg (48 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Institute-of-Egypt-fire-b-007.jpg
48 KB, 460x276
>>1166289
>But why does the Ancient Egypt seem so alien? Is it because it's not something we Europeans have around so we're not familiar with it?

Its because of Europeans we know as much as we do about Egypt. Hell, the Rosetta Stone was being used as construction material until some Frenchie found it.

Napoleon set up the Institute of Egypt to study it, resulting in almost all early modern scholarly work and what was the most comprehensive study of its monuments... until the Egyptians set fire to it during muh Arab Spring.
>>
Daily greenpill
>>
The number one reason Egypt feels "alien" is that we associated Egypt with ayyliens in popular culture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.