[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenophon: Being good is good but being bad is not good, it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: platon.jpg (16 KB, 255x325) Image search: [Google]
platon.jpg
16 KB, 255x325
Xenophon: Being good is good but being bad is not good, it is bad.

Socrates: Xenophon, is it not the truth that a stone can be used for a good cause and also in addition for, by Zeus, for a bad cause.

Xenophon: Yes, magnificent Socrates, that is indeed the truth.

Socrates: Then is not true that the stone can not automatically be categorised as intrinsically bad if it is not intrinsically good?

Xenophon: By Neptune's beard, Socrates! You are the biggest genius the world has ever known!

1. How the fuck was this shit deemed to be genius level?
2. How the fuck did Plato write the republic when Aristotle hadn't yet invented logic? Checkmate, classicists!
>>
File: 1458766999550.jpg (90 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1458766999550.jpg
90 KB, 800x600
>>
>>1162780
Diogenes is the best philosopher desu. He totally BTFO Socrates (or was Aristoteles, I don't remember) all the time.
>>
>>1162780
Socrates has some of the most twisted logic ever.

"If I'm not corrupting the youth why haven't they come forward and told everyone =D"

"You say I am the only person corrupting the youth. Well than things must be pretty good if there is only one bad egg in the whole carton!"
>>
>>1165061
It was Plato.

Speaking of, Cynicism, maybe not to the extent of Diogenes, is the true school of Socrates, and Antisthenes his truest pupil.

I legitimately think Plato didn't get it, and simply latched onto his own whacked out metaphysics.
>>
File: plato.png (114 KB, 590x619) Image search: [Google]
plato.png
114 KB, 590x619
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.