[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When and where was it the worst place to live? I know the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: 1462960020964.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462960020964.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
When and where was it the worst place to live? I know the most straightforward answer would be in a warzone or any time period where slaves were kept, but I'm curious about where the average bloke had it the worst.

My vote goes to the first agricultural settlements
>Have to work the fields with extremely primitive tools and with near wild seed stock
>Very poor nutrition due to most food being starchy crops
>No one really understands what we're doing
>Crowd diseases develop and strike for perhaps the first time in history
>You literally live worse than yout hunter-gatherer grandparents but cannot stop because by now there's so much people they will all starve to death if the harvest fails
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x470
bumping for interest
>>
File: khan.jpg (68 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
68 KB, 300x375
Central Asia / Eastern Europe circa 1200's.
>>
File: Nurgle-2.jpg (350 KB, 1466x1599) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle-2.jpg
350 KB, 1466x1599
>>1160424

On top of this I'd also argue that anywhere in Italy during the Bubonic Plague, as well as being a Native American (maybe Aztecs) during the Great Dying caused by smallpox and Spanish subjugation
>>
I think the worst place in the modern world has to be Goma, a Congolese city bordering Rwanda
>center of a massive refugee crisis following the Rwandan Genocide, the refugees being the people who had committed the genocide rather than the victims
>epicenter of first and second Congo wars
>half destroyed by a volcano
>surrounding countryside is filled with child-killing invisible poison death clouds
>located on the shore of a lake that will probably explode and kill everyone
>>
For more recent history
>China in the Cultural Revolution
>Belarus or Poland in WW2
>Aleppo, or any populated city in Syria now
>North Korean countryside

Older history
>Anywhere the Mongols targeted
>Wallachia with Vlad the Impaler
>Native Americans when they were at war with eachother or the colonists
>One of the small tribes the Aztec slaughtered
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.