[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock structures of the Arabian Peninsula
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: crazy_arabian_rocks.jpg (450 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
crazy_arabian_rocks.jpg
450 KB, 720x720
Cruising around Google Earth, as I do, I came across these rock structures in NW Saudi Arabia. I thought they were the normal animal corrals or something at first, but I'm pretty sure that's not right. I can't find any real good info on them. People seem to think they're Neolithic in age. Some say they're tombs. Some say they're directional markers. I don't like those theories for a variety of reasons.
Anyone know more info about these things?
Here's the GPS for the one in the upper right:

27°16'28.20"N, 37°15'42.75"E

If you look around on the highlands in that area they're everywhere.
>>
>>1158501
Dont tell them about it, or theyll be removed because they might be haram :^)
>>
>>1158501
>People seem to think they're Neolithic in age. Some say they're tombs. Some say they're directional markers. I don't like those theories for a variety of reasons.
>Anyone know more info about these things?

Idk if any of us know more than people do To Be H
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (119 KB, 896x667) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
119 KB, 896x667
>>1158501
Looks like a new Unown variant, desu.
>>
>>1158509
yeah they just seem to ignore them thankfully. I think the conventional wisdom there on the ground is that they're old Bedouin directional markers or something. Saves them from being haram I guess lol.
>>
File: SA_Stone_Structure.jpg (484 KB, 898x697) Image search: [Google]
SA_Stone_Structure.jpg
484 KB, 898x697
These are further south. Pretty cool whatever they were for.
>>
File: 17th century.png (39 KB, 934x148) Image search: [Google]
17th century.png
39 KB, 934x148
>>1158509
>:^)
>>1158564
>lol
>>1158520
>Idk
>>1158557
>desu
>>1158635
>cool
>>
Bump for interest and potentially Ancient Aliens.
>>
>>1158501
>inb4 ÆLIAN claims its something to do with devil worship.

Those are the graves of Thamud who disobeyed Allah.
>>
Looks like a guy worshipping the sun/moon.
>>
>>1158501
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_kite
>>
File: Head_of_Samar_west_Desert_Kite.jpg (56 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
Head_of_Samar_west_Desert_Kite.jpg
56 KB, 638x479
>>1160550

Seems to be it.
>>
File: ancient arabs.jpg (4 MB, 3600x2000) Image search: [Google]
ancient arabs.jpg
4 MB, 3600x2000
>>1158501
Arabia was full of civilisations, wealthy Kingdoms and cities before Islam, the Saudi government covers it up because it wants you to believe that before Islam there was nothing but stupid camel herders.
>>
>>1158635
Where would people stand to look at them? Is there some mountain nearby?
>>
>>1160550
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_kite
native americans built similar structures to lead bison, reindeer, deer and other game animals into killing zones.
>>
>>1161222
>the Saudi government covers it up because it wants you to believe that before Islam there was nothing but stupid camel herders.

And that situation changed after Islam?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.