[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's another Louis XIV goes to war with half of Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10
>It's another Louis XIV goes to war with half of Europe episode
>>
File: 1b_03.jpg (27 KB, 160x249) Image search: [Google]
1b_03.jpg
27 KB, 160x249
>It's another Sun King ballet episode
>>
but did he win?
>>
File: Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg (2 MB, 1390x1975) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg
2 MB, 1390x1975
>born in the wrong generation
>you will NEVER be able to pull off this look
>>
>>1157377
>It's another exotic prince from a faraway land pays homage episode.
>>
>>1157413
Mostly yes.
>>
>>1157522
>you will never take a fat noble shit in the ground of the corridors of Versailles
>>
>>1157377
>it's another he wins episode
>>
File: 176.jpg (116 KB, 379x568) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
116 KB, 379x568
>it's a turks getting btfo episode
>>
>>1157558
Fuck when I read about this it always drives me mad. What kind of retarded logic is that ? I read they had to give up on some parts of the louvres because it was too filthy.
I mean where are the domestics ? Why dont they make them wash it ? It doesnt make any sense
>>
File: you're a big guy.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
you're a big guy.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>1157377
>It's another Johnson treatment episode.
>>
>>1159414
>tfw that episode isn't on right now
>>
>>1159868
The Louvre was massive, and lacked adequate bathroom facilities. People, especially noblemen and ladies, aren't fond of taking shits where other people will see them and notice them. So it also became the world's worst easter egg hunt, as the nobles looked for places where their shit would go unnoticed.
>>
File: Felipe_V_de_España.jpg (163 KB, 800x1002) Image search: [Google]
Felipe_V_de_España.jpg
163 KB, 800x1002
Best duo in all european history?
>>
>>1159893
>the world's worst easter egg hunt

Jesus fucking christ
>>
File: too-many-keks.png (40 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
too-many-keks.png
40 KB, 165x115
>>1159893
>>1159868
>>
File: y.jpg (51 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
51 KB, 473x480
>>1159893
>design an enormous palace that will consume a significant proportion of the national GDP
>forget to add toilets
did they have something against toilets, they only needed a closet with a hole leading to a bucket that servants empty occasionally
>>
>>1159908
effective and widescale sewer systems are a relatively new invention.
>>
>>1159908
It was one of those scaling up problems. It's not that it lacked for toilets at all. It had exactly as many toilets as you would expect for a building of it's size.

But the palace is so large, it's like being inside a modern sports stadium. It's not just a problem of number, but of distribution, and ease and clarity of access.

It's not like there was a giant sign that said "BATHROOMS J-M THAT WAY"
>>
>>1159893
>tfw even your King doesn't poo in the loo
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.