[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an argument for why women should stay home other than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 483x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 483x414
Is there an argument for why women should stay home other than tradition? Traditionally and historically women's roles were to take care of the children, but now most have part time jobs at least.
>>
>>1155877
Living standards have increased, and wages have not risen to match those standards.
>>
>>1155877
Yes
>>
>>1155902
Let us hear it.
>>
>>1155877 (OP)
historically most women did stuff other then taking care of children. peasant women for example took part in the harvest, cultivated vegetables, processed crops etc. sewing or weaving clothes was also often the job of the wife.
>>
Historically women couldn't marry unless they're virgins.
>>
File: 1454603029586.png (152 KB, 1946x2417) Image search: [Google]
1454603029586.png
152 KB, 1946x2417
>>1155877
>>
>>1155923
i think this is enough, /thread
>>
>>1155923
this is a perfect argument why we need to break every woman before they grow up
>all the most loyal, hard working, fun, romantic, non-shallow women I have met have had tough childhoods
>all the worst princess syndrome spoiled ugly overweight brats have grown up in upper middle class and gotten everything they want

Coincidence? I think not
>>
>>1155877
Not every women is a mother though.

Women were expected to preform wage labor in Holland from the middle ages and when married and had kids they were still supposed to perform wage labor at home besides raising the kids.

The difference now is that factory work and work in an office is not something you can do at home or close by. Back in the day many people lived in the same building they worked in, like living above a store or on a farm.

>>1155922
That is a pretty bold statement if you don't provide more info.
>>
>>1155877
>Is there an argument for why women should stay home other than tradition?

Because depriving a young child of its mother does to that child's social and emotional skills what giving that child cigarettes does to its physiology.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.