[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Lyndon Johnson not primarily remembered as one of American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Why is Lyndon Johnson not primarily remembered as one of American history's greatest monsters? He slaughtered 60K of his own men and a million Viets for no other reason than to sate his own vast ego. And that's just the beginning of his catalog of sin.
>>
>>1266389
Obviously the Vietnam war was a fucking mistake, but this is directly comparable to the Iraq War, except only around 4K-5K of american soldiers have died due to the war but nearly one million Iraqi men and women civilians have been slaughtered due to an illegal war for an oil company.
Other than that, LBJ served his people and passed the "Great Society" bill, started the War on Poverty, the Head Start program
His achievements that are good massively outweigh his bad, although Vietnam was one of the biggest fuck ups ever.
>>
his domestic policies were a+++, his foreign policies on the other hand...

very hard to come across a president who is great on both. The only ones that comes to mind are FDR, Clinton, and Obama. Although, they each have their flaws, domestically and foreignly.(?)
>>
>>1267597

Obama's foreign policies are pretty shitty unless you're a US citizen. He's not a compassionate president.
>>
>>1267597
Nixon was pretty good except for his Watergate policy.

Absolutely insane, but in practice not that bad
>>
File: 14259745hh.jpg (68 KB, 646x714) Image search: [Google]
14259745hh.jpg
68 KB, 646x714
this guy is a legend
>>
File: yuki-thumb.jpg (112 KB, 806x828) Image search: [Google]
yuki-thumb.jpg
112 KB, 806x828
Lyndon Johnson had a singing mutt named Yuki
>>
>>1267597
Your bias is showing
>>
I agree OP on both sides foreign and domestic he was godawful

The war on poverty might be an even bigger fuck up than the war on drugs
>>
>>1267597
>a+++
Literally put American politics into the diabetic coma of gibs me dats from both sides.
>>
>>1266777
>great society was an achievement
>>
>>1266389
As a non-Amerifat, could it be because Lyndon Blowjob is between memes Kennedy and Nixon?

He's relatively forgettable.
>>
>>1267597
>Obama
>Good foreign policy

How the fuck do you work that one out?
>>
>slaughtered 60k of his own men
Are you that autist advisor of his that told him the exact amount of soldiers that died every morning?

I wonder if LBJ would have found more success if he actually had advisors.
>>
>>1267597
Very interesting perspective Tyrone.
>>
>>1271689
If the decision of whether or not you should go into a war technically rests on you(as does with the president of the united states if congress is cool with it), then that is a thing that you should be told. Every. Morning. Because if it's an aggressive war, you are the root cause of their deaths. It was your decision.
>>
>>1271709
More civilians die every year than U.S. men died in the war. The man telling him this was probably a dumbass and should have been fired for his incompetence, not to mention we saved hundreds of thousands of lives by manually evacuating several million citizens before the communists seized the south and commited genocide.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.