[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw this flag on a polandball representing the American (as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I saw this flag on a polandball representing the American (as in, future USA) colonies before they revolted from the crown. I haven't found much info that validates the artist's choice in flag. Was there a general flag or flags for the 13 colonies or all of the North American colonies while under the empire? If you have anything about the colonies that would become America specifically I would be grateful.

Thank you.
>>
File: AcOtNnV.png (230 KB, 650x2100) Image search: [Google]
AcOtNnV.png
230 KB, 650x2100
Bumperino, I found the comic in question.
>>
Pretty sure it was a crown colony, and therefore, used the Union Jack
All the fancy colonial variant popped up later on, when colonies got more autonomy IIRC
>>
>>1146441
Ah, I see. What does wikipedia mean, then, when it says that the flag flew over the colonies and was the predecessor to the US flag?
>>
>>1146472
Actually I think I get what you mean now. The OP flag was used later in the colonies' history, but the actual first flag would be the standard UK flag.
>>
>>1146427
kek, i dont care how triggered some fags might get, Reddit actually can manage Polandballs well

its one of only a few things id trust them with.
>>
>>1148119
Most of those are so vehemently against it are newfags of various boards who are trying to fit in and don't understand that Reddit has a huge number of artists and history buffs who can make great Polandball comics.
I rarely see /his/ complaining about it, actually.
>>
>>1150267

you are so fundamentally wrong, you have no idea what polandballs even are, you are soulless
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.