[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Educate me about Hassassins. I know that they existed and that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: AC-AC1.jpg (288 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
AC-AC1.jpg
288 KB, 1200x675
Educate me about Hassassins. I know that they existed and that they killed people, but I have no idea how or why.
>>
>>1144830
Split off from mainstream Shia Islam in order to set up their own little independent state, realised they'd be destroyed by the powerful Islamic empires next to them so turned to assassination of political leaders in order to make themselves seem less viable for conquering.

Eventually killed a bunch of crusaders as well and slipped into Western cultural consciousness. They show up regularly in Renaissance era work, but kinda fell out of style until some writer at Ubisoft, glad he got a job with his useless BA in History, managed to drag them into the light again.
>>
>>1144844
That explains their existence but why did they stoped existing?
>>
OP be careful, you might wake up with a dagger under your pillow.
>>
>>1144865
The Mongols invaded them, burnt down all their castles and killed their leaders. In ''fair combat'' this time, no perfidious blades in backs.

But still, cut off the head of the snake and the body dies.
>>
>>1144893
Were there any remnants that went into hiding? Surely there could be a few who kept the tradition alive in secret.
>>
>>1147149
No, /v/. There are no assassin cults.
>>
>>1147149
I am a remnant. I smoke hash and caress my weapon.
>>
>>1144830

Radical Shi'a Muslim cult-like sect that killed people at the bidding of their leader, Hassan ibn Sabbah.

Inaccurately depicted as fedora-tipping leftist hipsters and revolutionaries in the Assassin's Creed series.
>>
File: Fedayeen.jpg (65 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
Fedayeen.jpg
65 KB, 650x400
>>1147149
Nope. But the Fedayeen (as the Assassins called themselves) imagery lived on in the Shia world. Such as the wearing of white and soldiers going into battle with white flags or handkerchiefs in Iran's armies.
>>
>>1147224
Don't forget that they were friends with every important figure throughout history
>>
They wuz dudes
>>
>>1144830
Pussies that had to get high to kill soft targets for money.
>>
>>1147263
Targets of Opportunity.
>>
Marco polo mentioned them in the account of his journeys. Similar to other statements of his, I would read it with a healthy level of skepticism. His account basically sums up into brainwashed muslims thinking they went to heaven, killing for the evil brainwashing sultan, and then their subsequent downfall. Pretty interesting, but all things considered kinda retarded
>>
>>1144830
religious cult in the mountains of iran that was incredibly few in number so they had to assassinate people to no be conquered. They killed exclusively with knifes so they were pretty civilized/intelligent, as far as assassins go.
>>
Those hashis smokers were nothing to worry about
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.