[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think you're better than other people? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: hotline_gondola.png (2 MB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
hotline_gondola.png
2 MB, 1280x1920
Do you think you're better than other people? Why?
>>
>>1141457
Yeah, because I am, unless someone wants to prove me otherwise.
>>
File: 1432556505154.png (513 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1432556505154.png
513 KB, 500x532
depends on your concept of worth
>>
>>1141457
I'm definitevely better than some people at some things
>>
No. If I did I'd be mental in more than the ways I allready am.
>>
>>1141457
No, the more you talk and get to know people, the more you realize everyone has traits and talents that i am better and worse at.
>>1141474 this basically
>>
Of course I am, I am the unique one
>>
I'm more intelligent than most people, but I think the measure of a man is how moral he is
>>
Not particularly. Aside from the fact I'm pretty sure I'm a loser and a total dipshit, there remains the sticking point that I can't see some sort of externally valid standard with which to measure myself against others.
>>
File: 1978461578423.png (294 KB, 907x820) Image search: [Google]
1978461578423.png
294 KB, 907x820
>>1141457
I think I'm better than people who are narcissistic.
>>
>>1141457
I think I have a greater potential but I don't use it so I'm an inferior pretentious cunt.
>>
>>1141457
I am the greatest person on the planet. Everyone except for me is a conformist who doesn't listen to my cool meme music. Like if you agree
>>
>>1141457
It's pretty hard to be objectively better than someone, maybe even impossible. I am however better at some things than most, but I guess that can be said of nearly everyone.
>>
>>1141889
This feel is real, anon I canĀ“t motivate you that is something you have to do on your own. But just think of the great works and great men you admire, and think of how they got there. By doing.
>>
>>1141457
No, but I try my best to point out their (and mine own) hypocrisy, so people probably think I feel superior
>>
File: 1461981597519.jpg (88 KB, 795x515) Image search: [Google]
1461981597519.jpg
88 KB, 795x515
>>1141457
I believe I have advantages. Some of them cultivated through action, some of them inherent through genes and socioeconomic circumstance.

I believe going around and acting better than other people is socially advantageous in some situations.

I believe going around and acting humble is socially advantageous in other situations.

I believe actually believing you are objectively better is a dangerous delusion, and that superiority and entitlement should not be confused with advantage and discipline.

The mental capacity to cultivate and develop skills are themselves inherent traits that people don't really choose to have, so even the things that seem brought about through "merit" in the sense of superiority are not necessarily so.

I doubt I will resolve this question for all time.
>>
>>1141457

In some ways, sure. My job (college student shit job, not like I'm going to be spending my whole life doing this) is doing customer support for people's prepaid welfare benefit cards, so desu it's pretty hard not to feel like you're the smartest person in the world after hearing 25 shaquandras griping about how Tyrone ain't paid no chile 'sport and 25 Billy Smith's moan about why their unemployment payment hasn't been put onto their card yet.
>>
Yes, compared to the people i know.
>>
I'm not better than them, but I recognize that I am smarter than most in most aspects.

I'm still not smart enough or knowledgable enough to make a contribution to the world that someone else might not, so I am not of more value than anyone else.

So better? I don't know.
>>
At this point being smug is the thing that makes happy the most
>>
I think I am very smart and I have huge potential (some of which has been expressed by being in the top X % of academic achievement etc) but I think everyone is smart and has potential but is not lucky enough to be as interested as others in "intellectual" topics or whatever society wants to reward.

So I'm not genetically better than people.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1141457
>>1141457

In some ways. People often tell me they are impressed by my intelligence and discipline. But as far as the most important Christian virtues (e.g. empathy, charity, humility, prudence) I think I fall short of most people. I blame the 'bergers.
>>
>>1141457
1: yes

2: you sure this really belongs here? It could be turned into or interpreted as some philosophical discussion but it's obvious that this thread won't be anything of value.
>>
>>1141457
Yes because I am aware that I am not
>>
>>1141457
Yes and no. No in the sense that I don't have any more intrinsic right to live than other people. Yes, because despite that, I'm still a firm believer in self-preservation.

I don't seek the destruction or marginalization of others for it's own sake, only instead to prolong my own life.
>>
We are all sinners.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.