[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's face it, China is pretty much known as the slave-camp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4i3.jpg (69 KB, 700x438) Image search: [Google]
4i3.jpg
69 KB, 700x438
Let's face it, China is pretty much known as the slave-camp of modern capitalism. They work for very little in poor conditions so we can enjoy our cheap toys. What once was a great empire that the west was dying to trade with is now divided into a capitalistic parasite state (hong kong) and a communist dictatorship (mainland china). Their culture and society is in a terrible state, it is said that they are rude, cold hearted, uncivilized and egoistic and therefore unable to form any sort of functioning system. Example for this would be the non-existent police force (there are policemen, but nobody respects or listens to them). My question: was china always going to be the gimp of a global economy or was it the english and their opium who broke them? If so, why does nobody point that out.
>>
>>1139396
>Muh considering only one variable in a very dimensional and loaded multifarious question

Why not suicide? After all u r gonna die anyway xd
>>
>>1139396
>i'm so fucking dumb: the paragraph
>>
>non-existent police force
china is a country that sells the organs of political dissidents it has killed
>>
>>1139396

Why do you unashamedly parade around ignorance?

Most people wouldn't make threads about topics on which they have nothing of value to say.
>>
>>1139508
I don't see how that proves that there is a police force.
>>
>>1139396

You right in a sense that it's massive slave workshop for global capitalism.

But more and more you will have noticed that coast area China ever first Deng started the economic ones, has had an exponential developmental growth. These areas will accelerate Capitalism in China, and maybe will start ethically differing from the top down oligarchical rule of big capitalists/party members.
>>
>>1139535
It takes a whole shitload of government muscle and organization to get the shit together. Not too long ago 70 million Chinese practiced Falun Gong, then the government decided they didn't like that. Look up how many people practice Falun Gong now.
>>
>>1139550
VW for example has a big market in China, but is them rocking smartphones and driving cars indicative of developmental growth as you put it, or just further westernization which in term is more outside influence manifesting itself.

>>1139553
Yeah, I called it a communist dictatorship in the OP. China establishing a communist dictatorship is rather recent in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>1139593
It's an indicator of economic growth, at least. Manufacturing created an explosively growing middle class and rising labor costs. My guess is that some Southeast Asian country may start to pick up most of the demand for bottom-barrel labor
>>
>>1139602
I don't know. They gain power and wealth, but in my eyes it imideately is used to sedate them with consumerism, junk they don't need and distractions from the before mentioned societal problems. Might sound a little conspiracy-y, but I've seen this before and overly administered materialism is more poison than cure.
>>
>>1139553

I want to write a sci-fi novella about future China, where the Communist party collapses and Falun Gong becomes the ruling party and basically runs a hippie, spiritualist dictatorship that mandates that everyone be happy.

It would be kinda like the Dead Kennedies song Califormia Uber alles, coupled with biogenetics and cyberpunk spiritualism.
>>
>>1139624
>growing middle class that can finally stop living like dirt poor farmers
>b-but they have iPhones so it's bad

Fuck off hippie, go sell your computing devices and never come back
>>
>>1139396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_vJfIy1wpw
>>
>>1139624
>Posted over a computer made in gooktown
>>
>>1139396
>was china always going to be the gimp of a global economy or was it the english and their opium who broke them?
More like Mao and Communism. I think China today would look very different if the Nationalists had an actually good leader in charge after Sun Yat-sen. If they had gone through a political centralization and had beat down the Commie menace, they'd probably look more like a really, really big Maylaysia.
>>
>>1139637
None is gonna stop you m8.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.