[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>germany invades poland in 1939 >france and britain declare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1462976706603.png (8 KB, 186x175) Image search: [Google]
1462976706603.png
8 KB, 186x175
>germany invades poland in 1939
>france and britain declare war on germany starting WW2

>soviet union invades poland in 1939
>france and britain don't do shit
>they also invade finland, estonia, and romania just for lulz
>USSR still somehow are "allies"

uhm what? so it's okay when the USSR does it?

explain this shit
>>
>>1137153
The soviet union is harder to bomb and rape than germany.
>>
>>1137153
Britain and France were full of communists and Soviet sympathizers.
>>
>>1137153
You can only fight one superpower at a time. Hence why pretty much every action the allies took once it was apparent Germany will lose was to ensure that they will be able to fight USSR once Germany surrenders.
>>
Would you have wanted to be at war with both the Nazis and the USSR simultaneously?
>>
>>1137177
So Hitler was right? There really was a world communist conspiracy?
>>
Just up until the Soviet invasion of Poland Germany had been the absolutely, absolutely only nation to act as aggressive as they did. Even the weak Polish state had been more aggressive than Germany. This meant that the politics formed to counter a rising political threat had been made with Germany in mind, not the USSR.

Also like this.
>>1137184

Second Also, if you are gonna use this as an argument for the Germans actually being in the right you are literally retarded as it was the Germans who gave all those territories to the USSR. Not saying you would, but know to many that do.

>>1137177
Wasn't one of the reasons they let Hitler go on for so long being the ope he would stand up against the Soviet Union?
>>
>>1137153
>invades
I think you meant liberates, mein tovarishch.
t. agitprop
>>
>>1137205
Well, yeah.
>>
>>1137209
>Germany had been the absolutely, absolutely only nation to act as aggressive as they did

the ussr was buttfucking finland and estonia meanwhile germany took over austria without a single gunshot

what am i even reading
>>
>>1137242
>USSR Butfucking Finland and Estonia While German took over Austria without a single shoot
>1938
What exactly are you referring to? Stalin didn't annex/declare war against those till 1940, are you talking about something else?
>>
GERMANY DINDU NUFFIN THEY A GOOD NATION
>>
Germany pissed off the Allies by taking the Rhineland from the French.

And taking the Sudetenland
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 850x400
>>1137153
>implying they cared about the invasion of Poland
>>
>>1137153
Britain and France said they'd protect Poland from Germany explicitly
They never said they'd protect them from anyone that attacked them
>>
>>1137153
The Western Allies did draw up plans for war against the Soviet Union, with the Anglo/French determining that the Soviet/German neutrality pact was no different than an alliance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pike

trouble was that Nazi Germany alone was giving the Western Allies enough trouble alone, and they couldn't show up the resources to seriously consider an attack on the Soviet Union while the Fall of France and the London Blitz was going on, so they concentrated all their efforts on Germany first, then deal with the Russians later.

It was scrapped with the commencement of Operation Barbarossa, in which cooperation with the Soviet Union was taken instead, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

tl;dr: they considered it, but after receiving an ass-kicking by Germany, they absolutely needed the Soviets as an ally to defeat what they saw as the greater threat.

Signing an alliance with a power you disagree with on principle doesn't mean much when they're absolutely needed to gain victory over what is seen as an even greater threat.
>>
>>1138151
And generally breaking their promises.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.