[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a direct relation between Robert II of Scotland and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I've recently found out my family tree leads to Robert II of Scotland but I'm too stupid to find out if that leads directly back to William the Conqueror. Can you help a homie out?
>>
Just wanna make sure, this isn't American for "I just found out I share a surname with some European noble"?
>>
>>1135604
I'm related to Charlemagne
>>
>>1135633
Nah, my last name is Scottish too but no relation on that side of the family
>>
>>1135644
Almost everyone on /his/ is related to him, being proud of it is outright pathetic
>>
>>1135660
Found the guy that isn't related to Charlemagne.
>>
>>1135604
I don't know he's got a lot of kids, and I don't think any of them actually married into the english royal family, or any family descended from the House of Normandy.

>>1135658
Is there any noble families that exist today that are actually patrilineally descended from Charlemagne.
It seems that the main lines died out a very long time ago.
>>
No, but he is related to the house of Wessex through King David I of Scotland.

Alfred the Great (King of England)
Edward the Elder
Edmund I
Edgar the Peaceable
Ethelred the Unready
Edmund II
Edward Etheling (not king)
Margaret of Wessex (married King Malcolm III of Scotland)
King David I (King of Scotland)
Isobel
Robert de Brus
Robert de Brus (son of Robert de Brus)
Robert the Bruce (King of Scotland)
Marjorie Bruce
Robert II
>>
>>1135841
Thanks. I guess that's why I couldn't find a connection if there is none
>>
>>1135660
As someone not related to the Burger King/Charlemagne, but French nobility, having pride in ancestries like these are the WE WUZ KANGS for white people.
>>
>>1138588
One is reinventing history, the other is finding if you have genetic relation to someone of historic relevance.
>>
>>1138601
I've seen white people say stuff like

"I'm related to William the Conqueror! I should have money and a castle! My family was amazing! What happened?!"

You're right there are normal people just interested in ancestry but there are KANGZ as well :s
>>
>>1138622
Well, yeah. With every piece of information, there will always be someone that makes a complete fucking idiot of himself with such information.
Quick example:
>I see a plane crashing into the World Trade Center
>buildings collapse on itself
>structure goes everywhere but from the sheer size it looks "controlled" because it doesn't fall like a tree
>idiots conclude it was an inside job by the US goverment
>>
William I, king of England
- Henry I, king of England
- Robert, earl of Gloucester
- Maud; x Ranulf, earl of Chester
- Hugh, earl of Chester
- Maud; x David, earl of Huntingdon
- Isabel; x Robert de Brus, lord of Annandale
- Robert de Brus, lord of Annandale
- Robert de Brus, lord of Annandale
- Robert I, king of Scotland
- Marjory; x Walter Stewart
- Robert II, king of Scotland
>>
>>1138622
I have friends who work at Stirling Castle, the staff who're dressed up to show what the castle was like in the 1540's

the stories are hysterical. And apparently they have bets on how many "I'm related to/I was in a past life Mary Queen of Scots / Robert the Bruce / William Wallace / that french queen who was actually 3 years old and hadnt ever met Wallace in reality / the Tooth Fairy / god knows what else " people they get in a week - almost invariably the story being told by an obese American.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.