[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Religious views on abortion...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
I have a question to ask about abortion.

I've heard that Catholics think that unborn babies go to hell or at least purgatory because they weren't baptised.

However, I've heard protestants say that unborn babies go to heaven regardless because they are free of sin and which is why they have adult baptisms.

However, if Catholics are right, then it means that God is a ripe bastard and damns unborn babies to hell for no fault of their own.

If protestants are right, then it means we should abort as many babies as possible so that they don't grow up to be degenerates and have the chance of going to hell when they were guaranteed a path to heaven as a dead baby.

I mean who is right... Or does god just say try again baby and try to get born again through reincarnation which means abortion isn't as bad as many make it out to be.
>>
>>1133270
I think most Catholic theologians today would say they (probably) go to heaven. But some theologians historically have argued they go to hell or limbo, which is really neither. Limbo is no longer considered a valid theory so its not in the picture anymore.
>>
>>1133270
Unborn would go to heaven due to having committed no personal sins against God. The unborn would fall under something similar to invincible ignorance for pagans. pagans can be saved if they were never shown the Word and lived moral lives by God's standards. Not sure why that wouldn't apply to fetuses.
>>
>>1133301
Along with being, in effect, counted as a kind of martyr baptized by blood.
>>
>>1133294
>no longer considered a valid theory
I'd love to hear on the grounds of what discoveries this decision was made.
>>
>>1133301

Sooo... If your goal was to get as many people into heaven then, wouldn't you just abort all the unborn babies in the world and go to hell and take one for the team?
>>
>>1133369
No you should abort as many babies as you can. Than accept Jesus into your heart, confess your sins to an Orthodox priest, a Catholic priest, Mary, and Jesus. Buy an indulgence, get baptized, live off nothing but the bread/wine of the Euchrist, and spend your days doing hell Mary.

This should cleanse you of your sin meaning you and the babies go to heaven.

Funny enough the Cathers basically came to this conclusion. They refused to have children because they thought it was just giving more souls a chance at damnation and they encouraged others to also never have kids. They also beleived you could have all your sins removed once (and only once) by a certain ritual so they tried to wait until they were about to die to do it. According to some reports if someone started to recover they would cover their mouth with a pillow.

What's truely hilarious is the Catholic church was really pissed at their new theology and tried to stop it. Supposedly the Cathers sent their priets to debate teh Catholics and won the debates so the Catholics just had all the Cathers killed.
>>
Christ never said, so one has any business stating it one way or the other.
>>
Anyway, the pope fucks kids.
>>
File: image.png (240 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240 KB, 1334x750
>>1133391
>>
>>1133397
1.7%? That's odd. You'd think the pope fucking kids would inspire the rest of them to follow in his footsteps.
>>
>>1133383

So god would rather you let other people go to hell and save yourself?
>>
>>1133411
Not religious myself. Just throwing out some humor and history.

Constantine gives a decent answer.
>>1133384

Personally I think a lot of theological problems happen when you focus on the after-life. OP makes a good point. No matter what after-life you say babies go to it ends up with some truely strange conclusion. If you remove the idea of an after-life it makes a lot more sense. For instance if you were to say God reincarnates the babies into a new body that would justify keeping them alive but it would also justify aborting them if they would be born into a shitty home (the idea that God could reincarnate them into a better life)

BTW Constantine what do you think of the theology I just made =D
>>
File: aquinasrollingeyes.jpg (12 KB, 235x325) Image search: [Google]
aquinasrollingeyes.jpg
12 KB, 235x325
Reminder that even Proteshits agree that Thou Shalt Not Kill still applies
No, murdering unborn babies is not on the table
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 390x357
>>1133405
>edgily making light of serious issues
Kindly drink paint.
>>
>>1133440
>edgily making light of serious issues

Where the fuck do you think you are nigga
>>
File: image.png (30 KB, 110x182) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30 KB, 110x182
>>1133441
>>
File: 1300171946268.jpg (105 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
1300171946268.jpg
105 KB, 480x375
>>1133443
:^)
>>
>>1133440
What's edgy about making light of serious issues?
>>
>>1133301
Wouldn't an omnipotent God know if the baby would have become christian if he wasn't aborted? The same thing about pagans, wouldn't God know if they would have converted if they were introduced to Christianity?
>>
Abortion is pure evil.

Millions of lives have been killed in the US alone through it.
>>
>>1133440
Christcucks really were the OG libcucks, please off yourself.
>>
>>1133501
Poor bait.

Liberalism is a product of the atheist revolution.

Christians are fundamental, conservative and traditional.
>>
>>1133504

>Christians are fundamental, conservative and traditional.

Seldom have I heard a dumber thing in my life. Christianity is literally based around the idea of a judgement day overthrowing every societal orderon the planet. It couldn't be less conservative if it tried
>>
>>1133478
Yep. God knows who is going to believe, who will be be aborted, and he knew it before you made the choice. This ultimately leads to one of two logical conclusions.

-1 Calvinism: God choice who will be the winners and losers before the earth was made. He intentionally made some people suffer and God to hell because it's more dramatic and shows off his power.

Basically God is dick.

-2 Universal redemption: God knew you would not believe in him when he made you. But it doesn't matter because everyone goes to heaven.

Basically there is no punishment. A lot of people will abuse this.

My personal opinion is the theology only makes sense if we assume God doesn't know everything.

>>1133490
So do they go to heaven or hell? If they go to hell God's a dick that tortures babies have no fucking clue why they are being burned. If they go to heaven than abortion is awesome, it's the only guaranteed way to get into heaven, ya dont even need to convert!
>>
>>1133294
Pretty much this.
There are still orthodox catholics who have this view, and I say limbo ain't really that bad, I mean they'll live in perfect natural happiness there, but they'd just won't be part of the beatific vision.

>>1133301
Pagans can't be saved, if they were good and lead a moral sinless life then they'd end up in limbo along with the dead unborn infants.
But they wouldn't be saved due to not getting the salvifying grace of baptism.

Also unborn babies are not exactly sinless, since they have not been washed of original sin.
>>
>>1133515
It's really not appropriate to use modern terms. For instance, Christianity was always opposed to pederasty, which was alright in the pagan order, but today being okay with pederasty would not really be a conservative stance.
>>
>>1133383
>No you should abort as many babies as you can. Than accept Jesus into your heart, confess your sins to an Orthodox priest, a Catholic priest, Mary, and Jesus. Buy an indulgence, get baptized, live off nothing but the bread/wine of the Euchrist, and spend your days doing hell Mary.

God knows when you "game the system" ergo you would still lose.

Furthermore, the ends never justify the means.
>>
>>1133270
>damns unborn babies to hell for no fault of their own.
Blame Eve then.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.