[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What evidence is there to suggest that Alexander and Hephaestion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Alexander.jpg (13 KB, 220x132) Image search: [Google]
Alexander.jpg
13 KB, 220x132
What evidence is there to suggest that Alexander and Hephaestion were lovers? My teacher goes around saying it like it was fact.
>>
Nigga crusified Hephaestion's physicians because he was so upset at his death. No friend, no matter how close you are as friends, can do that. You only feel that for someone you love as lovers love.
>>
/lgbt/ won't shut up about it and it's intolerant to tell them to fuck off
>>
>>1132518
Women detected
>>
>>1132512
doubt we can know for certain but I don't think it would be too unlikely given greek culture at the time
>>
>>1132553
Right, but people shouldn't speak of it as fact then, they should say "and probably lover' given what evidence we do have"
>>
>>1132535
Virgin detected
>>
There's literally no evidence at all for it honestly. it's just a meme/propaganda tool.
>>
>>1132512
Many things about Alexander cannot be stated as facts.
>>
>>1132512
He had an espcially strong respect and love for one of his war buddies/childhood friends. That's really all the "evidense" that is given.

Deep displays of friendship were more common in those times than in this time. Suggesting Alexander was gay is basically accomplished by taking modern views of how two men should interact and applying it to something thousands of years old: ie that men do not show strong emotion to each other. In a way it's very close-minded and reinforces gender-stereo-types.

If you applied this same type of logic to any historical figure with a close male friend you could easily say everyone in history was gay
>>
>>1132512
A lot of things are spoken of as fact in ancient history that has just as much proof.
>>
>>1132512
The earliest person I know of to have said this, was Christopher Marlowe. As far as I know, its just something fags spread around, but most historians only say that they were just really close bros, and had female lovers of their own. Remember, its perfectly sensible for someone like Alexander to be so incredibly close to someone, because people in power, especially at that time, often knew extremely few genuinely caring and trustworthy people.
>>
>>1132518
Alexander was a bit of a psycho. He had a tendency to fly off the handle.
If he loved him like a brother then I don't see why it would be all that strange for a warlord to do something like that.
>>
File: thomas_jefferson_web.jpg (56 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
thomas_jefferson_web.jpg
56 KB, 300x247
According to Edgar Cayce, Alexander the Great reincarnated as Thomas Jefferson, who was very much a straight male.

Also, that's also why they both had libraries named Alexandria, since the Mongols burned down the original. Jefferson's was a refiguration of that library, which was donated to the U.S. after the British burned down the Library of Congress, to replace the documents lost.

It's pretty interesting in my opinion. That Cayce was right in the adage that "What is truly yours cannot be taken away from you" and that "You possess only that which you give out freely" as only by giving and praying for others do you grow spiritually. What's interesting is that it was a library, a source of knowledge, which implies that Alexander the Great is responsible for much of our enlightenment, and also that he was governor of Virginia, where Cayce moved to (because psychic powers are stronger near large bodies of water).

Was Thomas Jefferson a psychic, a really brilliant man, or both? If he was a psychic, then it would explain how in his past-life he was the greatest military strategist who ever lived.
>>
File: 1420061554542.gif (2 MB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
1420061554542.gif
2 MB, 450x254
>>1132815
>According to Edgar Cayce,
>>
>>1132880
Hey, you can post reaction images all you want, it doesn't change the existence of those 13,000 readings he did which were never wrong and are God's gift to humanity one whit.

So... lol
>>
>>1133151
There's a badger secretly living in Obama's asshole.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 1280x706
>>1132815
According to Edgar Cayce, Alexander the Great reincarnated as Thomas Jefferson, who was very much a straight male.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.