[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, Let's have an official Karl Marx thread. All discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Marx_old.jpg (205 KB, 444x593) Image search: [Google]
Marx_old.jpg
205 KB, 444x593
Hello,

Let's have an official Karl Marx thread. All discussion of Marx should come under here, here is an interesting quote I have been mulling over lately:

"The obscure man falsely attributes to me the view that “the surplus-value produced by the workers alone remains, in an unwarranted manner, in the hands of the capitalist entrepreneurs” (Note 3, p. 114). In fact I say the exact opposite: that the production of commodities must necessarily become “capitalist” production of commodities at a certain point, and that according to the law of value governing it, the “surplus-value” rightfully belongs to the capitalist and not the worker." - Notes on Wagner

Marx here seems to be explicitly stating that the exploitation of the worker is not an injustice in any sense. It has intrigued me to ask, how important is morality in Marx's historical materialism? Just a starting point for discussion perhaps.
>>
This board is for the discussion of history and the humanities. For conspiracy theories go to >>/pol/ or >>/x/
>>
Stop with this Marx shit already. If /pol/faggotry is a bannable offense then so should be marxposting, enough is enough.
>>
File: stirner.png (319 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
stirner.png
319 KB, 803x688
>>1127483
>>
>>1127499
He's a huge individual in the humanities with a huge theory of history and ideology, I think it's entirely apt for this board to have a number of discussions on him. If you can't handle real discussion go back to the 100 romans vs a mongol horde thread.
>>
>>1127504
Stirner could never had imagined that he'd become a fucking meme on an chinese peadophilia board

I wonder if i'll be a meme one day
>>
>>1127514
You already are.
>>
>>1127505
It's akin to Jesus threads right now where we can't have one without some asshole preacher dragging down the level of discussion and an equally fanatical antitheist doing the same.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss either of them but I get the hostility.
>>
The problem is you're trying to have an enlightened conversation on fucking 4chan. No matter how hard you try or what "containment board" you visit, this isn't the place.
>>
>wanting to discuss about Marx in an american site
i am sorry for you
>>
>>1127573
This guy's right, most of us are literally only here for the memes. I actually have no fucking clue about most of the shit I say
>>
>>1127483
Morality is simply an ideological function which stabilizes the capitalist relations of production. It is an obstacle to revolution, as Marx says

"It is always the bad side which finally triumphs over the good side"
>>
>>1129694
This is based on a really shitty interpretation of Marx, he still thinks that exploitation is unjust he just thinks that justice and other moral norms both correspond to the mode of production and to whatever class they belong. You can validly crticise capitalism as being unjust, as Marx does, based upon moral norms developed from the class you belong to and these perceptions of morality are not obstacles but rather important to class consciousness
>>
>>1127483
>according to the law of value governing it
Marx was in error to assume that the tendency of the rate of profit to fall meant that it would eventually reach zero, in reality when ROI falls too low capitalists stop reinvesting dividends and start spending their returns on luxuries thereby halting the decline.

Ignoring this, his reasoning is sound. The capitalist law of value views the work involved in making the initial investment and the subsequent benefits of the ownership of the means of production as the same entity. You dig a well to get water, if you were denied access to the water you wouldn't bother, investment and returns are one and the same. $10000 in capital gains is the same as $10000 earned washing dishes. If you want to set up a trust fund for your grandchildren, that is part of your reward and denying them ownership of the means of production would be like desecrating your grave.
>>
Marxism is by and for the bourgeois.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.