[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have tactical nukes ever been actually used on the battlefield?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 800x1204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 800x1204
I've heard all kinds of rumors over the years that the US and/or Russia (possibly others) have secretly fired tactical nukes in war, in places ranging from Iraq and Afghanistan to Ukraine.

However, a lot of these statements come from dubious sources, such as tinfoil-hat blogs, Malaysian Cartoon chatwebs, random YouTube vids that may or may not have been faked, and so on. (Not that I particularly trust the mainstream media these days any more than those sources.)

It seems to be a difficult thing to detrmine either way. Some accounts and images seem convincing.

What does /his/ think?
>>
no.
/thread
>>
nukes? donĀ“t think so
US used MOABs in the gulf and Russia thermobaric bombs in Checnya, both are pretty impressive
>>
>>1126958
>>1126966
>>1126974
>what are Fat Man and Little Boy

Are you guys serious? At a mere 21 kt and 15 kt respectively, the bombs used on the Japs were tactical sized. They were used as strategic weapons though.
>>
>>1127028
no shit sherlock. pretty sure OP meant outside of that.
>>
>>1126958
What would be the point? If you're a nuclear power involved in a conflict that has appropriate targets for tactical nukes, you'll also have air superiority, meaning that you can drop as many conventional bombs as you want.

The costs of deploying a tactical nuclear bomb and keeping it secret would far outweigh the added destructive power.
>>
I hate it when /pol/ leaks.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.