[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sykes-Picot Agreement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
This Spring marks the 100th anniversary of the Asia Minor Agreement (Sykes-Picot) that split up the Arab remnants of the Ottoman empire between France, Britain and Russia.

The agreement wasn't honored in full, particularly by the Brits, and laid the foundation for the past century of instability in the region.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>1125365
Gee I wonder why..
>>
>>1125365
I love it, its karma. The Arabs betrayed the rightful Caliph, now they get the kaffir's reward
>>
>>1125376
>the rightful caliph who painted nude-females.
>>
>>1125382
Proofs?
>>
The question is, would the Middle East would be a better place without S-P?
>>
>>1125392
Picture in question. A shame though. Given the fact Brits supported extremist wahabism while ottomans were against it. Look how it turned out.
>>
File: 30khan2302c.jpg (153 KB, 1368x912) Image search: [Google]
30khan2302c.jpg
153 KB, 1368x912
>>1125397
Don't worry brother. The chickens are coming home to roost
>>
>>1125365
Even though this agreement is in large part the cause of the instability in the region, I hope nobody is stupid enough to actually blame Sykes an picot for that. They didn't like except these people to become independent.
>>
>>1125393
Probably. Sykes was quoted as saying he just wanted to draw a line from the "e" in Acre to the last "k" in Kirkuk.

Creating Kurdistan (similar to Armenia) would have been beneficial for stability in the region.

And of course, this all set the stage for the Jewish return to Palestine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.