[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why so popular, /his/? How do so many people not realize the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: ancap.png (5 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
ancap.png
5 KB, 900x600
Why so popular, /his/? How do so many people not realize the value of a moderately powerful state to regulate private economic interests?
>>
Mental retardation.
>>
>>1117765
There are no private economic interests that aren't fulfilled by the free market.
>>
>>1117765
>as anarchists we oppose coercive hierarchy
>but as capitalists we want our economic system to be a coercive hierarchy
It's an ideology for wealthy people who like weed and are ok with homosexuality
>>
File: 1461625275898.jpg (21 KB, 675x451) Image search: [Google]
1461625275898.jpg
21 KB, 675x451
Because a lot of people believe that currently corporations are held in check by their own enlightened self interest, as opposed to government regulation, which they see as a purely negative influence (as when a law has a negative impact it can easily be identified and blamed, while a positive one can be attributed to a million other factors). So they think that things would only get better if that negative influence went away.

Basically as the first anon said, mental retardation.
>>
""""""""""""an""""""""""""""capism is bascially just "I don't actually care about freedom but I like seeming edgy and anti-establishment", but if they read a book they'd know that it's not thre word that makes anarchism controversial, it's the ideology itself
>>
>>1117765
>why so popular

Freedom and rights can be defined however you want, being spooky as they are, which allows anyone to conceive of any societal or political system as being 'free' or 'stateless'. Fascism could be considered statlessness in the same way ancaps define it if we suppose that 'freedom' means granting the 'strong' the ability of organized control over society/the weak. Resistance or interference in this system would be violating the NAP since you're violating or aggressing against the strong's inherent right to control resources and dictate behavior, etc.
>>
>>1117822
>but as capitalists we want our economic system to be a coercive hierarchy
I see this claim a lot & it's often unsubstantiated. Is it actually true?
>>
>>1117765

>implying we need a state
>implying we need a private economy
>>
File: ancrappolice.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ancrappolice.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
>>1117765
I guess feudalism is back in style. They don't seem to understand that Mr Shekelstein (or the other landed gentry) and his private police army are gonna make you pay tribute to him and follow the rules he makes up in order to use his roads and be protected by his police force. The only example of Anarcho Capitalism in history was the King Leopold's privately owned Congo Free State.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.