[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /his/ give some more examples of broad historical geopolitical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1425935211278.jpg (1022 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1425935211278.jpg
1022 KB, 1920x1040
Can /his/ give some more examples of broad historical geopolitical goals for individual nations?

For example:

>Britain

Preventing any single power from dominating the European continent, keeping the seas open for trade and commerce, and controlling key naval chokepoints (Gibraltar, Singapore, Suez, etc)

>Russia

Establishing buffer client states or directly ruled border provinces that protect Russia from land invasion, securing a warm water port, and dominating Central Asia

>Germans

Roping together the various central European states under a single leader/flag

>United States

Pushing out European colonial governments in the Americas and replacing hem with compliant puppet states, realising Manifest Destiny

Any major ones I'm missing or ones I've got wrong?
>>
>Aztec Empire

Allowing enemy states to live and trade, but under the condition of having constant ceremonial wars were the Aztec as always the winner, in order to keep its "trade partners" always weak in military numbers without having to actually invade or waste more resources than needed, and sacrificing countless numbers of war prisoners passing it as a religious affair, but in reality being a way of showing off its power to the neighborhood
>>
>Russia only invaded / occupied other countries because they wanted to protect themselves

Back to 2ch vatnik scum
>>
>France
Get baguette
>>
>>1117093

I'm not saying all of Russia's wars were wars of self defense, I'm saying that the goal of those wars was usually to establish a compliant buffer state that would protect Russia itself from invasion in the event of war with a more powerful European nation.
>>
>>1117093
Yes they did.
>Get attacked by Germans
>Push Germans back to Berlin
>Release occupied territory as a big buffer from a west which was literally eyeing them up for """""liberation"""""
>Get asked for help by the communist government of Afghanistan
>Oblige since Afghanistan is of serious strategic interest to the USSR.
>>
>>1117031
>France
Don't do a single fucking intelligent thing, every. Also, fuck anyone who speaks German.
>>
>>1117106
>Don't do a single fucking intelligent thin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment#Philosophy
>>
>>1117099
>install a government
>puppet government asked them for help
>WE WERE ONLY HELPING

lol
>>
File: download (4).jpg (6 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6 KB, 191x263
>>1117031
Unity, Brits out
>>
>T*rks
Destroy everything they touch.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.