[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W-why is the law like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
W-why is the law like this?
>>
>>1114590
United states law is a clusterfuck, why d you think the US is screwed up so bad?
Not even highly educated people understand laws and how taxes work in the US. Around only 12% of the population can even do their taxes by themselves without a computer program
>>
the common law system dates back to the 1100's and is built on the idea of precedent, so rulings and laws that were made almost 1000 years ago still have legal relevance today

honestly it's a miracle it works as well as it does at this point
>>
>>1114605

Do you have to do your taxes yourself in the US? Here in Sweden if you're an employee you just get a letter home with how much you'll be getting.
>>
>>1114636

It is necessary to lodge a tax return throughout the anglosphere because you are allowed to deduct certain things from your income to reduce your total tax bill

eg, if you use your own car for work you can claim a certain amount of credit per km, or if you make a bad investment you can write off the loss sometimes
>>
>>1114636
>Sweden
>getting money back
Wew lad, you almost had me there. Gave me a mighty fine chuckle anyway, ya did. Damn welfare statist bastards.
>>
>>1114652
Well same here, but other than that taxes and stuff is already calculated for you?
>>1114669
Don't really understand what you're getting at here, I'll be getting $300 back.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.