[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had an idea for a fun thread. We make up dumb, ridiculous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1448168931458.png (1 MB, 736x602) Image search: [Google]
1448168931458.png
1 MB, 736x602
I just had an idea for a fun thread. We make up dumb, ridiculous conspiracy theories and then try to prove them wrong.

This is a good opportunity to practice fact-checking and evaluating other people's claims for when we encounter legitimate misinformation. And if we actually dig up corroborating evidence, that would be hilarious.

No existing conspiracies allowed like moon landing or JFK assassination or holohoax or anything there is any discussion on already. Make up something nobody's heard of before.

For example, I'll claim that Trinidad and Tobago is actually a nation created only for the Olympics: as an elaborate deception beginning in the mid-1940's by exiled European statesmen planning to assassinate world leaders by gaining entry to the inner circle of the Olympic Games. However, upon the third Reich's defeat, they found the festivities so enjoyable, that they rallied the population into maintaining the nation separate from Britain so they could continue participating.
>>
>>1113536
BUT John Dillinger DID shoot JFK
>>
When Stalin was first filmed eating a hotdog, he ate it sideways (middle first, then each end). This filtered through the Soviet propaganda channels until everyone in the Soviet Union also ate their hotdogs sideways. From 1945-1965, at least 200 Soviets are known to have been arrested for eating their hotdogs from end to end. Khrushchev's government relaxed this policy by 1966.
>>
>>1113631
makes sense. eating the hotdog in the normal fashion sounds too gay for Stalin
>>
>>1113536
Berlin to baghdad rail was the cause of ww1
>>
>>1113536
The existence of Antonio SedeƱo disproves this. Or do you mean that I should find primary sources for his existence?

My conspiracy theory is:
The key evidence that the Catholic Church follows the tradition of the Antichrist is the use of colour symbology in its upper leadership.

Red is the colour of the Devil, of Hell and of the Lake of Fire.
Honoured prelates are given the privilege of wearing red zucchetti (skullcaps).
Cardinals wear uniforms of complete Red.
The Pope is the ONLY one in the church who may wear Red shoes. This symbolises his commune with the Devil, as the Devil's colour supports the Pope's steps on earth.

The use of the Devil's colour is widespread in the upper hierarchy of the Catholic Church, suggesting that, similar to the Masons and Bavarian Illuminati, secret societies much like the Church during its infancy, priests are entrusted with more secrets as they rise in rank, ensuring that only the upper leadership has full knowledge of the Catholics' Satanic origins.
>>
File: Khruschev_hot_dog[1].jpg (46 KB, 620x608) Image search: [Google]
Khruschev_hot_dog[1].jpg
46 KB, 620x608
>>1113631
>Soviet PreMier Nikita Khrushchev tastes his first American hot dog, complete with mustard, here Sept 22. After finishing the hot dog, the Communist boss was asked what he thought of it. He replied 'OK, excellent, wonderful,' but then added that it wasn't enough. Khruschev arrived earlier form San Francisco.
>September 22, 1959

Sorry, anon, but this was widely documented as the first hot dog Khrushchev ever ate. While it's possible Stalin himself had access to delicious imported American franks, there's no way the Soviet people were eating hot dogs if Khruscchchcshvshvfuckitev had never had one before visiting the USA.
>>
>>1113652
Hard to disprove a symbolic interpretation like that, but the symbolism of the color red is explicitly articulated throughout Catholicism. It represents what it does in most cultures: Blood. Specifically the blood of Christ, which was shed to redeem the world, and all that, which is the foundation of the entire theology.

You might be right about the shoes though, Papa Francis did put a stop to that shit.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.