[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do young earthfags explain light years distance? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160510-000816.png (376 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160510-000816.png
376 KB, 1440x2560
How do young earthfags explain light years distance? I've never seen the mental gymnastics routine so I'm pretty curious.

Light travels 186k m/s in a vacuum, slower when acted upon, or about 9 trillion km/Julian yr IIRC. This in turn means that to travel such a distance, it needs the time to do so.

Given the fact that the light source actually exists/existed (we can physically see it), this implies that the time for light to travel millions or billions of years for certain (>99.999% of everything visible to telescopes) objects actually passed, meaning that shit existed for longer than 7000 years.

Do they think brightness comparison is just a meme or something?
>>
God can do anything, and He can certainly make light travel faster than the speed of light.

QED.
>>
I've never seen a light year and you can't convince me they even exist.
>>
He created the light already in transit at the appropriate distance obviously.
>>
>>1113759
Also it's pretty much the same argument for radioactive decay, or else everything changed after the flood.

t. creationist pro
>>
It's Young Earth creationism, not Young Universe creationism.
>>
>>1113801
I've met plenty talking about the universe, not just earth.
>>
>>1113810
Not an argument.
>>
>>1113816
This argument was created in an instance of special creation.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x303
>>1113535
But what about that expansion them scientists talk about!
God made the universe grow so it only looks like the light is coming from 13 billion years away. And that Einstein guy was, well...

The sheer volume of food that would be necessary to feed all of Noah's animals would be a lot.

Abraham, though shalt fuck thy half sister and become a great nation. That's what I was taught in Sunday School. (He KNEW her, right?)

Dinosaurs. Satan made them fossils look that old.

On a SERIOUS note. Has anyone ever crunched the numbers on the amount of food Noah would need. A nuclear aircraft carrier probably wouldn't have the room. And all the bird shit, let alone the regular shit. 8 people shoveling shit 24/7 for 365. But God showed Noah how to make an elephant toilet that goes right out to sea.
- How many species? What did the carnivores eat, leftover dinosaur meat? No! God let the Lions and Tigers and Bears (Oh my!) eat grass (special universal Ark blend) during the voyage. Just wow.

READ Exodus.
Sinai WAS A VOLCANO in Arabia...

>"But they without faith shall be like a desert breeze and shall blow hot air..."

4chan 6:32

I feel much better...
>>
>>1113840
>Has anyone ever crunched the numbers on the amount of food Noah would need

It's probably in here somewhere.

http://www.talkorigins.org/
>>
>>1113849
Thank you.
Looks like a very interesting archive.

It appears Noah did some pretty impressive breeding (animal husbandry was one of his specialties) to keep from having problems with recessive genes at Mt Ararat's Post-Deluge Animal Incest Menagerie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.