[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Rome conquer Asia Minor, /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: asia_minor_63_bc.jpg (446 KB, 784x426) Image search: [Google]
asia_minor_63_bc.jpg
446 KB, 784x426
How did Rome conquer Asia Minor, /his/?
>>
It kind of fell into their laps.
>>
Romans were lucky cucks
>>
File: image.png (97 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97 KB, 500x458
>>1106318
t.Selukia cuck
Post Alexandrian kingdoms are a shit
>>
>>1106353
They were lucky because the Seleucids were incompetent
>>
>>1106305

Military might.
>>
>>1106305
Lots of diplomatic buttfuckery mixed with unmatchable (by diadochi) military might.
>>
>>1106305
very carefuly
>>
>>1106305
The genius of Gauis Pompeius Magnus.
>>
Didn't one of the leaders of the kingdoms there leave his kingdom to Rome in his inheritance? Could be wrong since I don't know much about ancient history.
>>
selucid incompetence in the face of roman incompetence

after defeating both the greeks and carthage taking asia minor was a matter of course. War was the romans business at this point.
>>
>>1106754
yup, Bithynia
right after Caesar got his bunghole ravaged as a dowry
>>
File: Lukullus_wiki[1].png (79 KB, 240x359) Image search: [Google]
Lukullus_wiki[1].png
79 KB, 240x359
>>1106752
>
>>
>>1106305
Mostly via diplomatic efforts, with client states that eventually got absorbed into the Roman Hegemony that morphed into an empire. But some military campaigns were involved versus Pontus or Seleucids n shiet

See the Kingdom of Judea for classic example.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.