[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, allow me to rephrase the whole thing for the purposes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Bedouin.jpg (376 KB, 1500x1110) Image search: [Google]
Bedouin.jpg
376 KB, 1500x1110
Alright, allow me to rephrase the whole thing for the purposes of placating this board and its accompanying moderators.

Did female Bedouin fighters/cavalrymen exist in WW1? If so, what role did they play? In what historical source and/or text are they mentioned? GENUINELY JUST WANNA KNOW AND CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ON THE WEB.
>>
Female cavalry is a meme amoung the turang, but I have no idea in the seven hells where you concocted this as a possibility. Women can't even drive cars in arabia proper today
>>
No, they didn't.
Stop trying to stir shit up, it's a mainstream game.
>>
>>1101650
>Did female Bedouin fighters/cavalrymen exist
Maybe once or twice in all of ducking history have their been notable female Islamic warriors
>>
>>1101667
Not trying to stir shit up man, just curious as to why they would go with a Bedouin warrior woman rather than well, ANY other culture. Some of the western factions had token female soldiers marching about under the guise of being a man. Russians recruited full regiments of females in 1917 to bolster Russian resolve. Why would they take this route, i wonder? I suppose I just wanted an explanation and maybe some information I had yet to uncover
>>
>>1101697
Exotic warrior woman is a very common stereotype.
>>
What's this about?
>>
>>1101697
We have no idea who or what they are portraying.
>>
>>1101650
It doesn't matter if they did or not. Only a racist/misogynist would care. We live in the now, not in the past, and if we can portray the past in a more progressive manner which improves the now, then this is a good thing.
>>
>>1101650
No, they obviously didn't. That's irrelevant though because Women are a bigger market than autists for historical accuracy.

As for the reason they picked le heroic noble savage over the more historical russian womens' units, well that's because memes and tropes sell well and the Amazon princess is more workable if it comes from an exotic people rather than an army of commie-robots.
>>
>>1101993
We've always been at war with Eastasia
>>
>>1101907
This is quite literally about people being upset about a video game.
>>
File: worm2.jpg (35 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
worm2.jpg
35 KB, 380x380
>>1101993
>>
>>1102192
>russian propaganda meme units
>>
File: racist cartoon warning.jpg (84 KB, 690x380) Image search: [Google]
racist cartoon warning.jpg
84 KB, 690x380
>>1101993
>if we can portray the past in a more progressive manner which improves the now, then this is a good thing.
I'm pretty sure this is bait, but what you said makes no sense from any standpoint senpai.
>>
>>1101697
Maybe some corporate execs just told them to include a token strong female character in the campaign halfway through them writing it, and the writers couldn't figure out a place to put her other than in the obligatory Lawrence of Arabia pastiche part of any game set in this time period.

If you can't find anything on it, accept that even though absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, there's nothing to support it and move on. That's what people tried to tell you in the previous thread, and this is what I'm telling you now.
>>
Was that rider in the trailer really a woman? I couldnt tell desu, btw its an Algerian berber not an arab.
>>
File: Beduinos - Joven con melena.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2450) Image search: [Google]
Beduinos - Joven con melena.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2450
>>1101650
OP: It's just a game you should really just relax.

That said. IF it's a girl, and not an Absalom wannabe, I'd say they have taken inspiration from people like:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naziq_al-Abid
&
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrude_Bell

And
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.